International / Case International

There's a thread on here for nearly every other make here now from Leyland to Landini, Ford to Fiat, John Deere to MF, so maybe a thread for Case IH and their predecessors would be no harm.

An exceptionally tidy tractor here for the hours.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/case-4230-xl/10915192

Great idea there [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION] :thumbup:
I have a case 956xl for 10 or 11 years now. She's due a bit of tidying at the moment due to dad being a bit careless more than once. Out from that though i find her a very good tractor. Good pto output not to hard on diesel for a six cylinder. Now i know the 50k part has caused some fair discussion on here before but it's nice to have it if needed.
I can say she sure pull, a good machine on the pit too. Have built some fair pits of silage with her and if you use the gears right by god she can climb. She's not too big for any farmer either as she has a good lock and a practical all round tractor.

Great idea there [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION] [emoji106]
I have a case 956xl for 10 or 11 years now. She's due a bit of tidying at the moment due to dad being a bit careless more than once. Out from that though i find her a very good tractor. Good pto output not to hard on diesel for a six cylinder. Now i know the 50k part has caused some fair discussion on here before but it's nice to have it if needed.
I can say she sure pull, a good machine on the pit too. Have built some fair pits of silage with her and if you use the gears right by god she can climb. She's not too big for any farmer either as she has a good lock and a practical all round tractor.
Trow up a few pictures.
Never heard of a 50k one of those

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Trow up a few pictures.
Never heard of a 50k one of those

As i said has caused abit of friendly conversation before :D:D
Apparently have been told there a rare enough at 50k alright but theres a few out there. Have a standing offer if i ever want to move her on but she'll have a good few more years with us if i can get the father to stop breaking bits:lol::lol:
Will get a few pics in a few days as she will be coming out and going on the shear grab for the winter.
Ummm that reminds me need to change all oils and filters first though :scared::scared:

As i said has caused abit of friendly conversation before :D:D
Apparently have been told there a rare enough at 50k alright but theres a few out there. Have a standing offer if i ever want to move her on but she'll have a good few more years with us if i can get the father to stop breaking bits[emoji38][emoji38]
Will get a few pics in a few days as she will be coming out and going on the shear grab for the winter.
Ummm that reminds me need to change all oils and filters first though :scared::scared:
Has it any extra gears?

Has it any extra gears?

Nope, same gear stick and everything as any i have ever seen. Theres a few more 956 tractors around here and I'd say 30k would be all out in them. Often have them for dust on the road to their disgusted looks:lol:.
She's supposed to be a rarety alright but i did know of one other in the past but she ended up going somewhere down south about 5 or 6 years ago so i believe. Unfortunately she was gonebefore i knew anything about her been sold.:crying::crying:

Nope, same gear stick and everything as any i have ever seen. Theres a few more 956 tractors around here and I'd say 30k would be all out in them. Often have them for dust on the road to their disgusted looks[emoji38].
She's supposed to be a rarety alright but i did know of one other in the past but she ended up going somewhere down south about 5 or 6 years ago so i believe. Unfortunately she was gonebefore i knew anything about her been sold.:crying::crying:
I'd imagine you mustn't stay in top gear very often going up hill? [emoji33]

I'd imagine you mustn't stay in top gear very often going up hill? [emoji33]

No actually she would be fairly good on the road. As good as can be expected for a 95 horsepower at 50k really.
Tbh i dont really do a wild pile of road work but its nice to know your not going yo be crawling along if going somewhere. The last 5 or 6 k an hour is sore on diesel though. So usually dont run her flat to the mat anyway, maybe 40 to 45k is where i sit with her.
Truly it's fast enough for any tractor in my opinion [MENTION=4190]johndeere6920s[/MENTION].

No actually she would be fairly good on the road. As good as can be expected for a 95 horsepower at 50k really.
Tbh i dont really do a wild pile of road work but its nice to know your not going yo be crawling along if going somewhere. The last 5 or 6 k an hour is sore on diesel though. So usually dont run her flat to the mat anyway, maybe 40 to 45k is where i sit with her.
Truly it's fast enough for any tractor in my opinion [MENTION=4190]johndeere6920s[/MENTION].
Plenty of fast enough really for the roads that are in Ireland.

Are any of yours 50k.
My renault has been clocked on a bypass doing 45k one day when i was in a hurry with a load of bales

Are any of yours 50k.
My renault has been clocked on a bypass doing 45k one day when i was in a hurry with a load of bales

Id have a feeling your 956 is a genuine 40k model but it got a tweak from the magic spanner ;)

The 40k ones have a different arrangement on the splitter than the 30k.

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/10942381

I know the L cab wouldn't be a patch on the xl, and the 885s have a pretty woeful lift capacity but ain't that a lovely looking machine?

The IH colour scheme was really classy

Thought the same thing when I saw that last night, something about that grille :thumbup:

I wouldn't say the lift capacity is that bad to be honest

Are any of yours 50k.
No haven't got any 50k machines.
Have went long distances with a 30k and 40k machines before and the difference is tiny.

Id have a feeling your 956 is a genuine 40k model but it got a tweak from the magic spanner ;)

Thought the same thing when I saw that last night, something about that grille :thumbup:

I thought she must have got a tweak as well to be honest, but when i got the head done a year or so ago got the fitter to check up on her he said she's pure standard :confused:
apparently main dealers are mad to buy her so he knows something about her imv.

Thought the same thing when I saw that last night, something about that grille [emoji106]

2380kg is a bit weak for an 85hp 4wd I reckon

But you do have to realise that lift was designed in the sixties, so not too bad when compared to a 165 or a 5000.
Unfortunately IH never moved on in Doncaster.

Have to be careful quoting those numbers, I think that is at the ball ends.

I know it is a lot lighter than a Ford 10 series though but it's not 100 miles off the MF 300 capacity.

Yeah it's only at the balls, but thankfully everyone quotes at the balls.

300 massey wouldn't be massive either, no

Had a 685xl that broke me heart in 1000 pieces. Never never never never never ever again!!

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Had a 685xl that broke me heart in 1000 pieces. Never never never never never ever again!!

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

This thread is giving me terrible nightmares, I had a 574, great tractor in the early 70's and a 685L, never a great tractor, both were soft as butter and had to be minded like babies.

Back