International / Case International

Rare to see in 2wd

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjYwMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2MDB9fSwia2V5IjoicGhvdG9fMTkxNzUyNDQ2In0=

Well lads
Any ye boys get a international 684 clutch done and was it expensive to do
I have no idea of the prices for the parts anymore, but you will need a disc, pressure plate and a release bearing. Remove the tin plate, held with two bolts, 13mm spanner, on the bottom of the bellhousing and have a look for oil leaks - engine and transmission.
Without any loader brackets, on level ground, with a bit of mechanical knowledge, you should be able to remove the starter motor, split, remove the flywheel and clutch in about an hour.
Make sure that you get the flywheel machined back to the correct levels/depth.
Rear engine oil seal is a very easy job when the flywheel is off.
Refit the flywheel, fit and centre the clutch, fit the release bearing.
With a couple helpers to push, and turn the flywheel with the lever to the line up the splines, about another hour to hour and a half.
Make sure that you leave the gearbox in a high gear before you split, to help realign everything when you are rejoining.
We were able to drive a tractor into the workshop, split, fit all of the above, rejoin and drive out of the door in an hour and a half, during our time as main dealers. This was with everything to hand.
Any other advice, just ask.

Well lads
Any ye boys get a international 684 clutch done and was it expensive to do
Done a clutch in a 585 last year. Was about 300 all in for a 3 piece clutch kit if i remember correctly. Done it ourselves in about 4 hours taking it handy and messing around get it lined as using tralley jacks at the time. Easier to the clutch on it than a 35.

Have an international 454 here.noticed the water pump bearings noisy at tick over,not noticeable at a rev up any bit.
There is a bit of play in the fan blades but not huge..
It's a water pump it needs??
Will it disintegrate quickly?

Have an international 454 here.noticed the water pump bearings noisy at tick over,not noticeable at a rev up any bit.
Sounds like a water pump, fan blades aren't connected to anything else. I would put it on the list to replace.

Some water pumps like early Fergusons and DBs had a grease nipple on the pump. Yours has wear so needs replacing. It probably has or will start leaking soon.

A pump replacement is a very simple job.
Exhaust off(clamp) , Bonnet off(6 bolts), belt off(1 bolt), fan, spacers and pulley off(4 bolts) and 6 bolts in the pump.
New pump was available from Sparex, Vapormatic and others as well as from CaseIH and comes with a new gasket.
5 ltrs of good quality antifreeze or fill with coolant.
Much cheaper than having to rebuild the rad after the fan goes out into it.

Would matt Buckley be a good place to buy a pump?,,@Tengtooltom
Said I would check my 3650 this morning,it has play also so 2 water pumps required!
They. Should could try conaty either, hed deffenitely have the 2. Might even be lucky enough that he has a genuine one in stock, or you could get unlucky and get a shite one. Can be 50/50 at times.

I wouldn't bother with a pump from Vapormatic . I got one off them for a Massey a few years ago it was pure rubbish badly made and didn't fit right at all.

I wouldn't bother with a pump from Vapormatic . I got one off them for a Massey a few years ago it was pure rubbish badly made and didn't fit right at all.
They're meant to be all made in the same place now weather it's sparex, vapormatic or bepco. Very hard to get good parts anymore. That's one reason that keeps me going to conatys is that if it does breakni just bring it back and he knows the story or better again he has some new old stock parts as well. Last time I went in i got a genuine new old stock mf mirror and a track rod. Agriline in England seems to be the only crowd selling consistently good tractor parts.

Would matt Buckley be a good place to buy a pump?,,@Tengtooltom
Said I would check my 3650 this morning,it has play also so 2 water pumps required!
I had forgotten about Matt Buckley. I'm too long away from the trade now.
My uncle Frank O'Gorman and Matt Buckley worked together in Massey Ferguson Ireland on the Naas Road - not today or yesterday 🤔

Not really sure where this fits but captured a video of a friends 1394 with the wagtail.
It was in very poor state when he got it almost 2 years now but not by not he’s got it to a good state new. He has new wheels and rims but unfortunately hadnt them fitted just yet.

With the 685 nearing completion after 5 months I decided to dip it for oil as I had Plas to work it tommorow, since Iast dipped it 3 months ago the back end is nearly empty and the engine has more oil than it should in it which deffenitely isn't a good sign and not what you want to see with the tractor near finished, it's a possibility I didn't fill the right amount of oil but now I'm second guessing myself, is there any way oil can reach from the backend to the engine, the inspection plate and hole is bone dry. I hope I just made a mistake filling it.

Not really sure where this fits but captured a video of a friends 1394 with the wagtail.
It was in very poor state when he got it almost 2 years now but not by not he’s got it to a good state new. He has new wheels and rims but unfortunately hadnt them fitted just yet.

Is that JCB digger a 3C with a 3CX cab?

Back