Internet Access

lough

I currently get broadband from Bluebox Broadband and it has got very slow this past month or two. I think the reason for it being slow is there is to many old customers back on it. Over a year ago Eir came round and installed fibre and a lot of people would have changed over to Eir and their first year would be finished now.

I was looking on Three and they do unlimited data as one of their phone packages for 20euro for 28 days.

I want to be able to pick up the internet on the laptop from the phone. Does anyone else do this and how do they get on with it. Any pitfalls to watch out for and how good is three internet.

I currently have internet on the work phone but it is limited to 2GB a month from Vodafone.

I currently get broadband from Bluebox Broadband and it has got very slow this past month or two. I think the reason for it being slow is there is to many old customers back on it. Over a year ago Eir came round and installed fibre and a lot of people would have changed over to Eir and their first year would be finished now.

I was looking on Three and they do unlimited data as one of their phone packages for 20euro for 28 days.

I want to be able to pick up the internet on the laptop from the phone. Does anyone else do this and how do they get on with it. Any pitfalls to watch out for and how good is three internet.

I currently have internet on the work phone but it is limited to 2GB a month from Vodafone.
Watch Three, while they do offer good internet data packages, a lot of their phone packages do not allow the data allowance to be used on anything other than your phone and you will be charged for all data used by any other device if you use your phone as a hotspot.

We have 3 here on our phones aswell as d wifi we use hotspots from our phones where d wifi doesnt reach in d house it works perfect we often have an ipad and smart tv hooked up to a phone hotspot and it doesnt skip a beat

I had a 20 euro pay as you go three sim card in my phone last year for a few months and had no problem twinning my laptop to it to get netflix and watching as much netflix as i wanted in that time frame

I could write a book at this stage, I don't think any provider gives what they advertise, what starts off looking promising get throttled after the cooling off period, with 3 atm and had recent cause for complaint as it was falling off the cliff as soon as darkness fell or school closed plus it was interfering with the television, I aired my issues and got a text message reply to say everything was in order and up to scratch, a balls of a reply.

Last time I looked 3 was as gone says above. Vodafone have no problem with hot spotting and you can get a 10GB topup from the 2GB, or at least you could a few months ago.

I could write a book at this stage, I don't think any provider gives what they advertise, what starts off looking promising get throttled after the cooling off period, with 3 atm and had recent cause for complaint as it was falling off the cliff as soon as darkness fell or school closed plus it was interfering with the television, I aired my issues and got a text message reply to say everything was in order and up to scratch, a balls of a reply.
An hour and a half of this carry on, unplug the modem and it will stop.IMG_20191222_222737.jpg

With 3 here and for 25 a month I've unlimited data. It's supposed to allow unlimited hot spot use as well but I don't use it as the Wi-Fi works well most of the time.

Back