Ironworker steelworker wanted

Pk1

Hi lads, I was on the hunt for a ironworker, don’t want to go new as im in the transition stages of working away from home welding to going back to working around home and starting fabrication. Not sure is 40 ton big enough, think needs to be 45 plus, single phase if possible there’s not much about, if I got on well I’d trade it for a new one. Any help be appreciated.

BMC equipment in summer hill would have second hand units in stock on occasion. They supply sahinler. Go for a 60 tonne.

I’ve a 60 to sahnalner got from Bmc single phase would recommend it never had any trouble got it new in 2015. I wouldn’t get one any smaller that ones a good capable size can shear 300 x 12 flat for base plates and punch 30mm linkage holes in 12mm plate a 40 ton one won’t do that.

Reactions: Pk1
I’ve a 60 to sahnalner got from Bmc single phase would recommend it never had any trouble got it new in 2015. I wouldn’t get one any smaller that ones a good capable size can shear 300 x 12 flat for base plates and punch 30mm linkage holes in 12mm plate a 40 ton one won’t do that.
Have u got the press brake v block attachment? Are punches and dies expensive?

Yeah have the press brake attachment very useful far better for me than a notcher I’d have no use for one. Folds 150 x 12 flat no bother. Mine came with a full set of punches and dies only bought a couple of slotted ones their a lot dearer than round ones.

Reactions: Pk1
What all does an Ironworker do, cut, bend and punch holes, anything else.
Would a CNC Plasma cutter be a better investment, you could cut out the likes of base plates:unsure:

What all does an Ironworker do, cut, bend and punch holes, anything else.
Would a CNC Plasma cutter be a better investment, you could cut out the likes of base plates:unsure:
A cnc plasma is fine, but then u need a stock of sheets, it’s not always economical to have stocks of 6, 8, 10, and 12 mm. It’s handier to send in a drawing into the likes of shortt stainless in limerick and get it laser cut, they are buying steel by the ton and get the sheets so much cheaper that it wouldn’t pay you to be at it unless your doing alot. For me a iron worker is merely to save time and to get through work quicker.

Back