It takes balls......

I know a contractor who had left his tractor and lime spreader parked on a farm over the weekend.
He needed his diary out of it so popped round only to find his tractor unhitched from the lime spreader and was busy cultivating the ploughed field!!!

If they'd have asked he would have lent it for a light job, probably for exchange of a tankfull of red. Or if the man's tractor was parked up broken down... fair enough.

But he'd unhitched his own tractor from the cultivator to hitch the contractor's one on!!

Bought a 10ft roller 11ft with frame and 42 " high.
Nobody borrows it.lane only 9 ft 6 at the narrowest point.
By times it has its benefits
yeah was looking at 1 with wheels and ruled it out for same reason. its grand if theres a bit of swap but when its 1 way all the time :no:

I didn't realise lads would be so brazen as to hire another mans machine out. I suppose it's like my father always says "you can't bate neck"

There was a local man many years ago , well known for his "adventurous" (insane), style of overtaking .
After one of his many near misses , his passenger was in a state of shock , and trying to give out to the driver .
His reply to the passenger was ,

You can't beat a thick neck and a fasht car.

When I had dump trailers and low loaders I often had to go looking for them when I wanted them myself. The last straw was a fella dropping back a low loader one morning with 2 punctures and asking when would they be fixed as he needed it again in a few days time. In a fit of vexation I put it on Donedeal at dinner time and it was sold that evening.

Happened here with a apv seeder a local lad asked for the loan of it and I eventually agreed .came back broken and yr man said nothing. Gave him the benefit of doubt.but 6 mts later he rang again looking for it and wondering was it fixed .I said no and put it on dd the following day .

Happened here with a apv seeder a local lad asked for the loan of it and I eventually agreed .came back broken and yr man said nothing. Gave him the benefit of doubt.but 6 mts later he rang again looking for it and wondering was it fixed .I said no and put it on dd the following day .
I find the best thing to put them "off" is to to say oh ya sure i can do if for you if you like? Either you'll get the job and get paid for it, or you'll be told its ok ill sort something else! Gets rid of the riff raff fast i find..

When I had dump trailers and low loaders I often had to go looking for them when I wanted them myself. The last straw was a fella dropping back a low loader one morning with 2 punctures and asking when would they be fixed as he needed it again in a few days time. In a fit of vexation I put it on Donedeal at dinner time and it was sold that evening.
Friend of mine was told by a lad " if your looking for your cattle trailer it's in my yard"

I'm just going to say this and I might be totally off the mark and if it's out of place please tell me.
Over the past while there has been an awful lot of rubbish posted in my opinion, I know we're all sick of being at home and need to get out but honestly I don't need to know about a lad borrowing a trailer for criminal activities or a lad going to the North to the IRA with a trailer and I really don't need to know where there from either.
I think it's becoming a bit reckless what's being said basically in public on here,
Maybe I'm off the mark just an observation.

I'm just going to say this and I might be totally off the mark and if it's out of place please tell me.
Over the past while there has been an awful lot of rubbish posted in my opinion, I know we're all sick of being at home and need to get out but honestly I don't need to know about a lad borrowing a trailer for criminal activities or a lad going to the North to the IRA with a trailer and I really don't need to know where there from either.
I think it's becoming a bit reckless what's being said basically in public on here,
Maybe I'm off the mark just an observation.
Your missing the flirting with agripower

Back