It takes balls......

Lad borrowed my storz adapter couplings,despite many promises of them being dropped off they never came back.

Fella who’d restore my 135 gave my back wheels away,lost the genuine exhaust,front ally light,and the very rare rubber sprung seat,he then rang me to say he wasn’t going to get round to sorting it and could I pick it up,he wasn’t there when I went to collect it.🤬🤬🤬

When we had a Claas 44 baler with electric tie I put a 3 pin domestic plug on the baler and fitted a three pin socket to match in the cab along with tying switch. To this day I haven't seen another tractor with a household 3 pin socket in it. A lad at the meat factory asked me what the socket was for, I said to boil a kettle.

When we had a Claas 44 baler with electric tie I put a 3 pin domestic plug on the baler and fitted a three pin socket to match in the cab along with tying switch. To this day I haven't seen another tractor with a household 3 pin socket in it. A lad at the meat factory asked me what the socket was for, I said to boil a kettle.
Neighbour used to fit household sockets in his cab,I tried it once (can’t remember what machine I was powering) it melted and near set the tractor on fire.

Ive seen a 590 with a household light switch for the beacon

My father told me the other day that my grandfather gave a neighbour a loan of a team of rams to sponge his ewes and when he went looking for them he found out that they had loaned them to another neighbour...

Co op here had a mole plough they used to give out if fellas bought piping off them, same story it , it was borrowed by a neighbour then someone else, it vanished in the end
Co op here used to sell a bit of ration they had at the back of the shed. Bring your car trailer to the heap and use the shovel to fill it up. One guy comes in anyways, loads up the trailer and buried the shovel in the trailer and took off. Next guy turns up and is looking for the shovel to load up. The storeman put 2 and 2 together and charged the guy who loaded up last for a brand new shovel on the docket. Next week he comes in looking for another trailer load and got talking to some1 who jokingly said there's a nice 2nd hand shovel in the back of the shed. "That's all well and good but the fucker here would charge me the price of a brand new one." Shovel hadn't been taken after that point

Has anyone ever lost something through this carry on?
I've a bale handler that I have absolutely no idea where it is
Now you remind me I've no idea where our old bale spike ended up I could guess at a few places though 🤔🤔
I'm baffled by a lot of this.

I can understand borrowing something from a fellow farmer. But half of ye are contractors.

Who borrows a tradesmans tools??? That's literally taking the bit out of a mans mouth.

I'm slow to borrow or lend, but how do you borrow the tools from a man because you're too cheap to pay for him and his tool.

Surely you have to at least hire the thing. I'd be ashamed to even ask
pet hate at work getting phone calls to borrow a tool same fellas then saying I've to many tools🤐🤐 I like the rule borrow once if you need it again buy or hire it

A lad got a loan of my mag drill I wanted it and rang him to return it and he had gone off for a few days away with the family and it was locked away.

Worst i can remember was a few years a go, local man went and got another contractor to do the silage for him as he hadn't payed me for the last year, landed into the yard here when I was away, looking for a lend of the tractor and loader off the father to draw in the bales, of course like a fool he gave it too him, we landed back that evening and here was the tractor parked tight up against the wall, stuck in gear!! If that wasn't bad enough, he sends a text the next day to know when the tractor would be fixed!! He had broken a ball joint off the linkages under the gear sticks, trying to ram it into gear, neck like a jockeys bollox,

Heard this yesterday. A slurry contractor rings another for a loan of a propeller agitator. No bother call over for it . As there hitching it on asks who’s tank you going mixing. Joe blogs tank was the reply . I normally do his slurry. I gave him a good price to get the job .....😳. He left with out the agitator

Last edited:
Worst i can remember was a few years a go, local man went and got another contractor to do the silage for him as he hadn't payed me for the last year, landed into the yard here when I was away, looking for a lend of the tractor and loader off the father to draw in the bales, of course like a fool he gave it too him, we landed back that evening and here was the tractor parked tight up against the wall, stuck in gear!! If that wasn't bad enough, he sends a text the next day to know when the tractor would be fixed!! He had broken a ball joint off the linkages under the gear sticks, trying to ram it into gear, neck like a jockeys bollox,
Did you ever get paid ?

Buck that has a few cattle and is still youngish used to be round the yard on and on. Another forum member will know who ,
But the lad is sound himself but wouldnt be getting the best guidance at home.father would be well noted for been tight.
Anyways the buck asked me for a dosing gun as they were going to dose but as I had done a few at drying off a few days earlier and the gun barrell cracked and broke.would have given it to him otherwise, but I said to him its broke and I'd have to get another ...
" ah no bother , il get one in the store and put it down to you and drop it out to you later " ......i replied i didn't like the make he was selling and I'd get a different make.
Just thought it a bit mean , if I had it i give it but not under his idea.

Buck that has a few cattle and is still youngish used to be round the yard on and on. Another forum member will know who ,
But the lad is sound himself but wouldnt be getting the best guidance at home.father would be well noted for been tight.
Anyways the buck asked me for a dosing gun as they were going to dose but as I had done a few at drying off a few days earlier and the gun barrell cracked and broke.would have given it to him otherwise, but I said to him its broke and I'd have to get another ...
" ah no bother , il get one in the store and put it down to you and drop it out to you later " ......i replied i didn't like the make he was selling and I'd get a different make.
Just thought it a bit mean , if I had it i give it but not under his idea.
That's very good now in fairness, the mark of a professional

I have a close relation that used to keep borrowing a small chainsaw from me (ms180 Stihl)
It would neve be returned, and whenever I collected it, the chain would only be fit for the bin and often something else wrong with it too.
So i would put a new chain on it etc, and process would be repeated again.
In the end I came up with a brainwave - leave it to him, it worked out cheaper in the long run.

Back