Jay Dee's pics

Jay Dee

May as well start from the beginning, first few are on here somewhere...bare with me....

The start of the balin, 1991

balerjuly91.jpg

wrapperjuly91.jpg

Leyland didn't like hills so bought a County needing a facelift....92 / 93
5.jpg

8.jpg

County went for the 5140 in 95.....my first new yoke
51402.jpg

51404.jpg

May as well start from the beginning, first few are on here somewhere...bare with me....

The start of the balin, 1991

Leyland didn't like hills so bought a County needing a facelift....92 / 93

County went for the 5140 in 95.....my first new yoke

nice county :thumbup1:the 5140 must have been a big setp up comfortwise

Kane trailer, though not really.....local contractor built 3 of them with twin wheels for grass & story goes that Kane supplied the paint & stickers for free advertising.

kanegraintrailer.jpg

Demo MX, kane body sitting up as chassis is in getting the axles re bushed.

demo135.jpg

When Case & NH merged, local dealer got their first (& last) baler in, sales man got me to try it as he wanted to see it going.....couldn't get it to put the net on, was a guessing job as to when the bale was made...& he new less about it than me...it was half chain & slat & half rollers if I mind right, noisy but had a good knife setup as in full or half set with the pull of a lever.

Local dealer & us were pretty close at that time, they would send us down troublesome tractors to use for a while before they would send them back to their owners & use our gear sometimes for road tests.....there selling Welger now

casebaler1.jpg

casebaler.jpg

First new baler & first chopper....95 ish, beet washer sitting in the backround waiting on paint but more on beet later.

balin.jpg

Me doing what I do best :001_rolleyes:

balin5.jpg

balin4.jpg

Still runing an 8 foot mower at this stage so not so heavy a swath
balin3.jpg

balin2.jpg

balin1.jpg

lovally pictures, that rollant 46 is the same as ours we have the wide pickup and its now pushing 40,000 bales.
5140 is a very smart tractor and did you buy the mx then?

Our first combine.....bought in a hurry in 1985 as our cutting fella was having trouble with his Deere in wet fields...plus his was nearly scrap inside too.

Came without a cab, but he got tired of sticking his head round the side to get a breath in dusty wheat....:whistling:

135combine4.jpg

135combine3.jpg

135combine2.jpg

135combine1.jpg

JCB 5C sitting behind with upright exhaust.

135combine.jpg

Got an upgrade in 99, 8070 with air con.

80702.jpg

Home made fold up lifter on 5140, made it & 6 bale trailer but not a great job.

8070.jpg

Paint jobs....135 to start, just needed paint....you'd have thought he'd a washed the shyte off the wheels before he sent it round......

135before.jpg

turned out well....

1351.jpg

then he had to go & spoil it by putting the frame back on...

1354.jpg

1353.jpg

1352.jpg

couple of our own......still not finished....:whistling:

35s.jpg

Cemac 750 tanker

cemac750.jpg

Abbey getting tested before paint

tankerbefore.jpg

& after, put an oil motor on the rain gun as the hoses were there for the top fill & we didn't need it....looks well but the tank is pitted like a quarry.

tankerafter1.jpg

tankerafter.jpg

Dealer sent us this to paint, glad we didn't own it...

9561.jpg

9562.jpg

9563.jpg

That Blue Country tractor look unique for me anyways never seen one quite like it before:001_smile:

885 resprayed

885painted1.jpg

885painted.jpg

You ain't seen 1 of these before.....there's only 2 of them in the world & the fella on the seat owns them both:laugh::laugh:.

The story on this....he built this himself, designed to lift 3 bales with only 1 single acting oil pipe....so as it can be used on a 135...he built the first 1 & got it patented, then ran it for a few years ( we gave him plenty of work with it)...then Hill engineering at Newry took on to build & sell it.

Just as they were ready to go with it BSE kicked in & killed it...this is the 1 Hill made as he ended up buying it back off them.

jm1.jpg

jm2.jpg

jm3.jpg

885 resprayed

You ain't seen 1 of these before.....there's only 2 of them in the world & the fella on the seat owns them both:laugh::laugh:.

The story on this....he built this himself, designed to lift 3 bales with only 1 single acting oil pipe....so as it can be used on a 135...he built the first 1 & got it patented, then ran it for a few years ( we gave him plenty of work with it)...then Hill engineering at Newry took on to build & sell it.

Just as they were ready to go with it BSE kicked in & killed it...this is the 1 Hill made as he ended up buying it back off them.

jm1.jpg

jm2.jpg

it was a good idea to be fair, speedy job for shifting in the times that was in it.

nice county :thumbup1:the 5140 must have been a big setp up comfortwise
Indeed, air con was useful in 95 as it was a very hot year, County was like a greenhouse.

The County broke a selector in the field digging beet & jammed in 2 gears...fought with her in the field for most of the week & ended up chocking the front axle...dropping the back wheels & shafts off....then pulling her home like a trailer on the long drawbar with the 885.

When we got her split she had broke a couple of gears....but the fun wasn't over yet......turns out she had an experimental gearbox they tried in them so had to wait a while on parts.....when put back together she would jump out of 3rd gear on the overun.....which was the gear I baled in, had to sit with your leg wrapped round the gear lever....made baling hills fun as she took off if you forgot...:sweatdrop:

lovally pictures, that rollant 46 is the same as ours we have the wide pickup and its now pushing 40,000 bales.
5140 is a very smart tractor and did you buy the mx then?
A good wee baler the 46 & would still rate them today....better than what followed.....but more on that later:whistling:...MX arrived in 2001, we ain't got there yet..

smart pic JD:thumbup1:keep em coming:thumbup1::thumbup1:
Cheers

That Blue Country tractor look unique for me anyways never seen one quite like it before:001_smile:
Have a slightly more modern 1 sitting here at the mo.

some great older pics there jd.
Plenty more yet.

nice pictures again, what didnt you like about the 956?
Always fancied a 956...a tilting steering wheel would help them.......but that 1 was a dog.

it was a good idea to be fair, speedy job for shifting in the times that was in it.
It was, & at £10/hr, later £11 it was handy for us to just give someone his number & let them sort it.....plus he could reverse that thing from here to Cork:laugh:.
He works in the same sort of game as you Tinman....or he did, I ain't seen him in 10 years :blushing::blushing:.

Last edited:
i see hes got it on a quality tractor there aswell, looks to be a very good idea though
It was...but then he saw the light & bought a 5130:laugh::lol:...syncro I think:whistling:....mind getting a Polo wrote off on the way back from leaving him up a handbook for it :angry:.

The Claas 46 in earlier pics went on fire one day balin silage, wasn't even a warm day as it had rained that morning. It was a light crop & moving on meant the smoke was going out the back of the baler, rather than the top.

Wrapper man spotted it before me...I pulled the jumper off & tried to put it out but that just burnt the jumper....went to the first farm for water....but he was away & even had the hose locked in a shed....went to the next place & he seen me coming & was ready with the hose.

By the time it was out the side plate on the bale chamber had warped & the edge of the bale was charred....write off.

Needed a baler quick....Class had just launched the 250, wasn't sure weather to go for it or stick with the 46...went for the 250 in the end...wrong choice, worst baler we ever had.

250.jpg

2501.jpg

Had a 856XL plus 4WD with the twin pumps new in 93 before the 5120....then in 98 we went looking for a 955 2WD mainly to run the mower...looked at 3 & ended up with an 856.....brought it home & drove it into the workshop to fit a new exhaust in late July....then the weather turned bad & it got painted as well.

8562.jpg

8561.jpg

Waiting on the arrival of a new dromone hitch, as it had the standard low one

856edited.jpg

Then we went & bought a second baler....another 46....for backup & busy times at the straw.

5120461.jpg

This one was nearly the end of it all for me......brought it home & was putting the first roll of netwrap in....roll goes in from the side but I'd always went in from the top....went to the left side as that's where the steps are on the 250....so just climbed up the pickup....then realised it wont go in from the top as this 1 has twine wrap on it....leaned back & felt the steps on my back & thought I shouldn't be leaning on them....just as they let go....threw the roll as best I could & on the way down thought my head is either for the concrete or the link arm claw, doesn't really matter which.....but somehow my leg got caught & I missed them both.

Got to my feet & staggered to half a bale of grass lying against the wall where I lay down & passed out.

Was a good enuff baler....but whoever owned it before us must of put the keys on the roller shafts in with a sledge....if a bearing went there was no pulling them off even with heat....must of cut 5 of them off & they ain't cheap.

5120462.jpg

512046.jpg

Best yoke to ever come about the place....first 1 in N.I, if not Ireland with suspension...2001

MX135.jpg

MX135250.jpg

No air con in the 20

wrapper1.jpg

wrapper.jpg

Under construction....got a lot smaller when the floor & walls went in

GrainStore.jpg

Waiting for a ride on the back of a lorry.....& in with the Fusion

balers.jpg

The Claas 46 in earlier pics went on fire one day balin silage, wasn't even a warm day as it had rained that morning. It was a light crop & moving on meant the smoke was going out the back of the baler, rather than the top.

Wrapper man spotted it before me...I pulled the jumper off & tried to put it out but that just burnt the jumper....went to the first farm for water....but he was away & even had the hose locked in a shed....went to the next place & he seen me coming & was ready with the hose.

By the time it was out the side plate on the bale chamber had warped & the edge of the bale was charred....write off.

Needed a baler quick....Class had just launched the 250, wasn't sure weather to go for it or stick with the 46...went for the 250 in the end...wrong choice, worst baler we ever had.

250.jpg

2501.jpg

Had a 856XL plus 4WD with the twin pumps new in 93 before the 5120....then in 98 we went looking for a 955 2WD mainly to run the mower...looked at 3 & ended up with an 856.....brought it home & drove it into the workshop to fit a new exhaust in late July....then the weather turned bad & it got painted as well.

8562.jpg

8561.jpg

Waiting on the arrival of a new dromone hitch, as it had the standard low one

856edited.jpg
the 250 made a better bale than a 46 more like a bale out of a welger, a lad i used to work for had balers said they were hard to drive what was so bad about them

Back