For Sale JCB 2D

MeathMassey3

Selling Jcb 2d on behalf of a friend. Had new engine installed 8 years ago. Has a leak at the bottom of the back actor. Everything else working 100%. Doesn't seem to be many 2ds about. One owner for the last 30 years. Back actor can be removed and a leyland backend fitted.
€1300 open to offers
20210522_202156.jpg
20210522_202507.jpg

20210522_202458.jpg

Last edited:
Is it running at all? Just not clear from your post.
Yeah it runs and drives. Have a video of it going just don't know how to put it up here. It was low on hydralic oil so the loader and back actor was slow as it's leaking out the back actor right above where that little blue barrel is. Could take off the back actor or block up the pipes going to it and that would solve all the problems. I'm wondering would the back actor off a 3c fit it.

Is it running at all? Just not clear from your post.
The front loader is incredibly tight on it too, I wouldn't think it was ever used. The back actor needs a few bushings and replaced around the bucket and the dipper I think its called.

What is the difference between a 3D and a 2D . Is it that you can drop off the backhoe ?
I think so. I know some of these 2ds came with a 3 point linkage behind the back actor, this one doesn't though but it still could be fitted with one. Same back end as a leyland 272 I think, bolts straight onto the back of the gearbox where there's just a blank on at the minute.

What is the difference between a 3D and a 2D . Is it that you can drop off the backhoe ?

You have a 3D , BIG wheel digger. Relatively rare.
3C normal size digger for want of a better description , by far the most common size of that series .
2B , smaller with 3 cyl BMC engine, rare .
2D same physical size as the 2B but 4 cyl BMC engine ,also rare .

Back