JD M series v MF

Ags11

Hi all

l know it’ll be hard to get an independent view on this title…!
Thinking of changing a tractor, a John Deere M series with a good spec is working out significantly less than the equivalent MF 7s.

Currently all red here, and never had a JD, apart from the money, I’m attracted by having something new/different…opinions welcome 🤷‍♂️🤪

Hi all

Thinking of changing a tractor, a John Deere M series with a good spec is working out significantly less than the equivalent MF 7s.

Currently all red here, and never had a JD, apart from the money, I’m attracted by having something new/different…opinions welcome 🤷‍♂️🤪
Have the M series improved much in recent years? they were a very basic tractor in the early ones anyway. I had hoped to buy a 7s but went second hand as I just could not afford it.

Hi all

is the M series the more basic spec?

6M is still 40km/hr only (or that was the case) which may make a difference to you. Also worth having a look at the type of transmission, hydraulic pump etc to really start comparing apples with apples. You can get the 6M auto guide ready, CommandQuad Plus etc

You really need to know the spec of each tractor then we can have a good debate.

JD 155m 40k command quad.
Michelin tyres
Cab/front suspension /linkage, weight block.
4 electric spools, isobus ready.
Full led lights.
Hydraulic top link
0% finance available

MF 7s 155 not sure if 40/50k
Tyre lottery- 3k extra for Michelin
Cab/ front suspension/linkage
2 electric spools
No so called 0%

JD 2k less to change on above specs.

Have the M series improved much in recent years? they were a very basic tractor in the early ones anyway. I had hoped to buy a 7s but went second hand as I just could not afford it.
Yes starting to think secondhand, it’s hard to justify new price now

Not sure, it’s on the 6s here 🤷‍♂️. 7s has 3 year warranty but no 0 % apparently.

Massey will be 50km as standard . Jd must have reduced there prices greatly. Anyone I’ve heard that priced both got on better with Massey . And I wouldn’t call an m jd anywhere near as well specced as the Massey .
Michelin tyres
Full led lights.
Hydraulic top link
0% finance available

2 electric spools
No so called 0%

Michelin tyres
Full led lights.
Hydraulic top link
0% finance available

2 electric spools
No so called 0%

Is the massey dyna 6?
How many gears on the deere?

Michelin tyres
Full led lights.
Hydraulic top link
0% finance available

2 electric spools
No so called 0%

Is there power beyond on the 155m?
The cab has improved greatly on the new m, it’s comparable to an r, low noise level and comfortable, the only downside is no factory 50km option.

Had a 155M out on demo about 2 years back, comfortable tractor to be fair, autoquad gearbox, 650 and 540 Michelin tyres, cab did feel dated but as @ ithastopay said- the newer cab now seems to be alot more improved. Engine did seem awful dead in comparison to a 68 or 69 in the 30 series.
I think it it was being left down to me for about 100k+ ... I didn't go for it in the end mainly as I wanted a change away from autoquad to either Direct drive or Command Quad.. id love to hear people's opinions on them gearboxes??
Autoquad is a reliable proven gearbox but can be tiring on a long day.

Massey is dyna 6 with 4 ranges.
JD is 4 with 5 ranges - command quad is similar set up to dyna 6?
Need to check power beyond.

M series do seem to have moved on recently, a lot more options available on them.
I’d probably put the sisu engine ahead of the Deere?

In relation to the auto power and command pro, I have to say as a massey man I have driven both and they are a lovely lovely tractor and as nice as you will get. The command pro would be streets ahead of the dyna 6 7s, I can’t comment on a dyna VT. But the 7s dyna 6 will be a much nicer place to spend the day than an autoquad M series or R series

Never seen 1 year old jd traded to mf garages but have seen several near new mf traded in for different brands. I know of three near new mf in two different brands garages, why
Was a jd sat in the local case dealer at one point with under 100hrs

Never seen 1 year old jd traded to mf garages but have seen several near new mf traded in for different brands. I know of three near new mf in two different brands garages, why
I traded a new JD for a MF, it's lift never worked right and the customer rep told the TFM head mechanic not to talk to me, because "he is a fool".
There is only one thing worse than a JD with a lift not working right, and that is an Arsehole from the home counties with a bit of power.

You can spec up an m series with front braked axle and air brakes , I think there is even auto power available in m series now but only the auto quad can be made into a 50 km as @marco said
With front brakes, you can’t spec auto steer. Command quad or auto quad are available too.
I’m not sure about converting to 50km, I think I’d leave it a 40km, buy an R or a different brand if 50km is needed.

Back