JD M series v MF

valtra is also huge in South America, not a chance it will be dropped globally.
Correct I think there even built down there , they will always shuffle things around to suit markets .
The likes of challengers wouldnt sell well in Europe for example.
A different brand is a bigger slice of the overall market pie

Correct I think there even built down there , they will always shuffle things around to suit markets .
The likes of challengers wouldnt sell well in Europe for example.
A different brand is a bigger slice of the overall market pie

That's Correct, Valmet had a plant there since the 60s.

Was it not dual power on fords ?? Runaway multipower was kinda unique to MF i thought .
Grand on flat ground though but hills were a different challenge .
And the switch was dash mounted on a series 1 7610, floor switch only appeared with the super Q cab.

valtra is also huge in South America, not a chance it will be dropped globally.
Probably why they aren't huge in north America!

When I was in Canada in 2006 they were just starting to re badge Massey's as Challenger.
Don't know did that take off?
Literally just painted them yellow and different stickers!

And the switch was dash mounted on a series 1 7610, floor switch only appeared with the super Q cab.
It was a late 1982 / early 83 7610 with bubble roof Q cab, minimec injection pump, "Dual Power" (sorry for mortally offending the Fordies) with the switch on the floor and a H pattern column change gearbox. It was a good tractor other than the porous engine, which I replaced with an X patern engine with CAV injection pump, which was a big step forward in power and fuel use. I was only commenting that it had no low down grunt and at high revs drank like a fish and smoked luke crazy, meaning it had a narrow working power band between 1,700 and 1,900 revs. It was still a massive improvement over the useless 6600 my late uncle had.
1679903209716.png

It was a late 1982 / early 83 7610 with bubble roof Q cab, minimec injection pump, "Dual Power" (sorry for mortally offending the Fordies) with the switch on the floor and a H pattern column change gearbox. It was a good tractor other than the porous engine, which I replaced with an X patern engine with CAV injection pump, which was a big step forward in power and fuel use. I was only commenting that it had no low down grunt and at high revs drank like a fish and smoked luke crazy, meaning it had a narrow working power band between 1,700 and 1,900 revs. It was still a massive improvement over the useless 6600 my late uncle had.
View attachment 120345

You've come on a lot tractor wise in the the intervening years .

Nothing to your sprayer advancement though..

You've come on a lot tractor wise in the the intervening years .

Nothing to your sprayer advancement though..
Only a pic from the interweb, but nowt wrong with the sprayer or tractor.
At that time I was spraying with a 15M manual fold berthoud and moved to a 21M hydraulic fold Berthoud when I started in the machinery sharing group.

Back