jf 850' s pics

jf 850

A big figure in my business is cull cow value,I regular get £1000 for a cull.

That is some money for a cull.
I had a hoof pared here last Friday , and he is death on Jet cows . Reckons the knackery is the only home for them at the end of their days ,
. And , that if that loss was put against milk value , they wouldn’t add up. Plus “ You’d have to look them every day “

Measured the heel to board . 67”, so in between your 2

Nashty

That is some money for a cull.
I had a hoof pared here last Friday , and he is death on Jet cows . Reckons the knackery is the only home for them at the end of their days ,
. And , that if that loss was put against milk value , they wouldn’t add up. Plus “ You’d have to look them every day “

Measured the heel to board . 67”, so in between your 2
The main reason your hoof pairer is death on Jersey X cows is because he makes no money from them because they don't get lame near as often from the walking in and out of the parlour!

jf 850

What had a sowed here in 2013/14 ? Label doesn't ring any bells . Maybe winter barley ?
View attachment 90962

A six row winter barley from a few years ago.

I was picking stones , when I found the label , before sowing grass seed in a corner outside a gate that I rotovated . I had troughs there feeding weanlings last October/November, and it got cut up a bit . It was in tillage for 5 or 6 years , and is back in grass for 5 or 6 years now .
Never realised I had hi tech 6 row barley.

jf 850

Where's the lighthouse? It looks vaguely familiar

I would Guess Blacksod .

@Bog Man is right . A well travelled man . Saturday was a glorious day , and that part of Mayo , where we hadn't been before looked glorious .

The tiny caravan , which we spotted in a filling station in Newport , was being pulled by a Dutch regd Skoda Fabia , driven by a woman , who I would reckon had most , if not all her 70s behind her. Travelling by herself . Fair dues .

TAFKAT

Today's chariot . I hadn't driven it for about 3 years , a dote . The dumper was new during the winter .
View attachment 97451

Hyundai 140 loading me . Excuse the drastic photos . Phone needs to be taken apart
View attachment 97453
Good man yourself, delighted to see you finally made a start, you won't know yourself now in the spring when the robots are doing all the work. Did you decide to go for 2 or 3 for a finish?

jf 850

Good man yourself, delighted to see you finally made a start, you won't know yourself now in the spring when the robots are doing all the work. Did you decide to go for 2 or 3 for a finish?

Ha ha.

Considering its a mile from that bit of ground is a mile from home , has no electricity , water consists of a nose pump in a shallow well , has 15 acres in the field , I'll hardly be building anything on it .

Filling hollows , drains , drawing heaps.

Thats a fair nice dumper ,

An absolute dote . I wouldnt like to have had to pull the cheque book for it . Considering its badged a 16 tonner , it seems to hold a lot . The big tyres are a great job .