jf 850' s pics

It's not finished yet , as ye can see, but does the job.
JohnBoy, just to give you a rough idea , if you are still thinking of using the crash barriers. It's roughly 60 ft long and 20 ft wide . Have had over 50 cattle in it, 1 1/2 year olds. A mag drill was very useful in its making. Just had to put a piece of 6 inch x 1 inch plate about a foot long with a large G-clamp, as an anchor for the drill. No pic of the head gate, which is homemade at minimal cost. The gate in one of the pics is a back gate. I got the long barriers for €10 a piece, the short ones were cut off at the lap with a con saw, and bought them years ago for 10 pounds. 3 barriers are effective as 6 bars if you know what I mean, in the sides to keep in stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 258
Random pictures off the phone

Attachments

• DSC_0272.jpg
    DSC_0272.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC_0266.jpg
    DSC_0266.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC_0279.jpg
    DSC_0279.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC_0280.jpg
    DSC_0280.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0275.jpg
    DSC_0275.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 294
We had the Birr stages rally pass the yard on Sunday. had a few pics on the phone, 2 different crashs. Tried to upload them on that Tapatalk. Wouldn't go beyond 70%, and take all night. I know why they call it Crapatalk! A son put the last ones on for me , the ones of the crush I took on the I pad. The others were on a Sony Experia phone, which thankfully I have parked, a magican couldn't fathom it. Only got this Samsung last week and im beginning to get the hang of it.
Have you enough of yard brushes for the morning? Maybe DP will bring his own, whether he will use it in anger is another story.

We had the Birr stages rally pass the yard on Sunday. had a few pics on the phone, 2 different crashs. Tried to upload them on that Tapatalk. Wouldn't go beyond 70%, and take all night. I know why they call it Crapatalk! A son put the last ones on for me , the ones of the crush I took on the I pad. The others were on a Sony Experia phone, which thankfully I have parked, a magican couldn't fathom it. Only got this Samsung last week and im beginning to get the hang of it.
Have you enough of yard brushes for the morning? Maybe DP will bring his own, whether he will use it in anger is another story.

The cousin was at that last weekend :thumbup:
Ive figured out how to get the pictures of the phone and on to the laptop now its far faster upload them the tapatalk is gone slow lately I find:undecided:

A handful from the last few days. A turf turner for tinman , and a few at the silage. I hope they come up the right way , if not i am sorry, candor

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434667749965.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434667749965.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 244
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434667776883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434667776883.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 222
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434667812802.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434667812802.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 218
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434667847942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434667847942.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 234
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434667870859.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434667870859.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 233
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434667906817.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434667906817.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator:
A handful from the last few days. A turf turner for tinman , and a few at the silage. I hope they come up the right way , if not i am sorry, candor

Fixed that for you [MENTION=4579]jf 850[/MENTION]

Turn your phone 90 degrees counter clockwise when taking photos, that should sort the rotation issue.

You may get a pickup off a 900 and then you wont have any problems if you want to put a wider row of grass through her :thumbup:

I have often picked 10s with it no bother in 1st cut. I did 5 acres in 1 hr 45 mins. Topped up tractor after with a gallon measure , 27 litres.. that was in 8 fts, and a mile draw with 2 14 ft trailers on a narrow road.

Dualled up Crystal.:thumbup: What make is the push off buckrake [MENTION=4579]jf 850[/MENTION]

Oh the hardship that would have been saved if there was one of them turf turners in the parish!!

That turf turner is probably 5 or 6 years old, it was made for them . The 12 sods are very tight, driver needs to be wide awake. Can't remember is it €7 or €8 a hopper to turn it. 12 sods 100+ yards long. It also has another conveyor that can be put on it. It fits cross ways behind, and the turf falling off the 1st one goes onto the start of the 2 nd one, which can then fill a trailer driving alongside, or to put a couple of swarths together in a windrow. It will fill your ordinary handy tipper trailer, jot a grain trailer. They use it to clear the bog, drawing to a stockpile on the edge of the bog. Then they load it into tandem axle silage trailers , with an EX135. I think it started life as a 1.5 ton Yanmar mini digger.
It's a great machine in a dry year. Turf ideally needs to be 1/2 dry before you turn it, then leave it a fortnight, get it wind rowed then , and draw it home in

another couple of weeks. Never touched it last year till we drew it home.:thumbup:. But in a wet year, the year could be over before it's dry enough to use it, as it breaks up turf if it's not some way dry.

Would their be times when the job was all done by hand when turf couldnt be got because of the weather? Cutting turf round here was just about unheard of till the late 70s folk went daft buying machines and died out in the 80s.

Would their be times when the job was all done by hand when turf couldnt be got because of the weather? Cutting turf round here was just about unheard of till the late 70s folk went daft buying machines and died out in the 80s.

I would safely say that there is more lost nowadays than there was when they had no machinery. They didn't know any different but hard work, and they stayed at it. Rearing it, ( little hand built stacks that get it off the damp bog). Now people are possibly more likely to take the easy option, and hope it can be got the easy way.
Brucey Thom passed one of the two brothers that own that machines yard last summer ans saw the amount of turf was there. There could be more in the other lads yard. 50 people wouldn't save it by hand if they gave 3 months at it.

Back