jf 850' s pics

A neighbour got a 10641 bout 2 years ago, very pleased with it. Drove a forterra 125 a couple years ago road test for a friend, thought it a weapon of a yoke. He liked it but wanted a power shuttle. He bought a TS 115 instead, I advised him before he bought it that I thought she had been abused and that pto clutch pack wasnt right. About 12 month later he said I was right and he should of went for the zetor!

I had no intention of buying a tractor when I saw the 12441 . And , if i had , a TM 140 , or an MF 6465 might have been candidate's.
A very clean Ford 7810 might find a loving home. A nice 110/90 , maybe .
The handy size for the hp , plus the low hours /circumstances of its sale were what interested me.

I have to say , the most disappointing tractor that I have driven in recent years was a 00 NH TS 115 SL DP. Youd want a 14 lb sledge to beat it into gear. It wouldn't have been the top end of the 115 spectrum though. It would make the 12145 seem sweet .

I had no intention of buying a tractor when I saw the 12441 . And , if i had , a TM 140 , or an MF 6465 might have been candidate's.
The handy size for the hp , plus the low hours /circumstances of its sale were what interested me.

I have to say , the most disappointing tractor that I have driven in recent years was a 00 NH TS 115 SL DP. Youd want a 14 lb sledge to beat it into gear. It wouldn't have been the top end of the 115 spectrum though. It would make the 12145 seem sweet .

The Zetor you bought lately was a one off, no way in a month of Sundays would you find one as clean and low housed. You just couldn't leave it behind to be fair.

Most similar Zetors are now on other livestock farms where they won't receive a third of the care :sweat:

its great to be able to buy a tractor on a whim :whistle: did the missus have a spanish inquisition when you came home with it :scratchhead:

its great to be able to buy a tractor on a whim :whistle: did the missus have a spanish inquisition when you came home with it :scratchhead:
107001642_1338786806325654_7360508212884964113_o.png

She took me to collect it . We met the owner , to pay him . Turns out that his wife and my wife lived within 2 miles of one another before they married.
I had met the owner in the mart 7 or 8 years ago , despite we living 25 miles apart .

The way to work that is ,

Suggest buying something twice as expensive. They will be relieved when you " Only" want to spend less. :rolleyes2:

Another job ticked off the list .
Before anyone wonders , access is at the side near the back . Front stays there.
View attachment 80876
I don’t know what’s more satisfying seeing the turf well reeked in the shed or knowing the worst of the hardship is over :lol: it only has to be carried into the house and the ashes carried out from here on :Thumbp2:

I'm no massive turf fan, but I appreciate a good stack of pretty much anything. that's so satisfying.

I don’t know what’s more satisfying seeing the turf well reeked in the shed or knowing the worst of the hardship is over :lol: it only has to be carried into the house and the ashes carried out from here on :Thumbp2:

It never ceases to amaze me how , the things you growled about your father doing , when your turn comes you end up doing yourself .:rolleyes2:
My father always "clamped" , as he calls that building. He is 91 now , in good enough form but past work like that . He did clamp for 10 minutes to say he did some .
I cant take credit for that building . I forked the turf in , and my wife built it in . She is quite proud of it , and deserves to be proud.

My attention span with turf is limited enough . I got a lad with a machine to turn it , and then windrow it .

There’s a tiny space in the bottom left corner that you could have squeezed one more in...lovely neat job, by the way!

I see it now that you mention it. And another gap about 4 ft directly over .
Will you tell her , or will I? :tt2:

@jf 850 Great job by the misses. She's not a stone mason by any chance.

There's a big difference in lifting a sod of turf , and building stone. Not a chance of getting her near stone , concrete etc.

There's a big difference in lifting a sod of turf , and building stone. Not a chance of getting her near stone , concrete etc.
I wouldn’t mention it-this time!

Not much heat out of stone or concrete on a winters night, I'll bet she likes a good fire.

Not much heat out of stone or concrete on a winters night, I'll bet she likes a good fire.

Its the 1st thing we see out of the bedroom window, not much of a view compared to some peoples.
She loves a decent fire. Always gives out after coming back from her sisters , which has only oil fired rads. Says its not real heat.

Just spotted this pair of Pine Martins. I was talking to a friend on the phone when I spotted them , so was lucky to get geared up for a photo at all. I have often seen one , but a pair together , id imagine is a once in a lifetime sight.
20200817_153531.jpg

Just spotted this pair of Pine Martins. I was talking to a friend on the phone when I spotted them , so was lucky to get geared up for a photo at all. I have often seen one , but a pair together , id imagine is a once in a lifetime sight.
View attachment 81364

I took that picture yesterday , on a piece of land we have 1 mile away . Today I saw one crossing the road , 1/2 a mile in the opposite direction. So , no scarcity of them hereabouts.

Back