jf 850' s pics

Didn't realise they were as big, them lads would do damage I'd say,

I havent had as good a look at them before , to get a true picture of their actual size , and compared to the nose pump , I was surprised myself how big they were.

Something fell out of a hedge in front of me a few weeks ago wrestling a young rabbit, about the size of a squirrel, red with white ears, I assumed it to be a pine Martin but obviously not

d6s8tyg-136a0840-df9c-4457-a794-fd62877b586c.jpg

Yes Pine Martins I have seen them along the river and 2018 was feeding bulls at grass and had ration in that shed under a truck tarp ,I pulled it over one morning and one took of up the wall and along the wall plate .I nearly soiled myself and had a heart attack simultaneously .

Yes Pine Martins I have seen them along the river and 2018 was feeding bulls at grass and had ration in that shed under a truck tarp ,I pulled it over one morning and one took of up the wall and along the wall plate .I nearly soiled myself and had a heart attack simultaneously .

I have nearly done the 1st , laughing at the picture in my mind .:lol:

Vicious little bastards.

AND , my daughter in law saw 1 in a different place today . Place is crawling with them . We have a few hens , and i am worried with these about .

I have nearly done the 1st , laughing at the picture in my mind .:lol:

Vicious little bastards.

AND , my daughter in law saw 1 in a different place today . Place is crawling with them . We have a few hens , and i am worried with these about .
Are they vicious they are

Years ago we used have hens and ducks, and mink and foxes were plentiful. Saw our black Labrador having a 5 minute battle with a mink one day. Amazing to see how smart the dog was that he would jump in and attack and out in a flash so the mink couldn't latch on to him, the mink must have taken a early hit as it was hiding in the hedge injured but still very vicious. Eventually when the dog got him in his mouth he ran him through his mouth and crushed every bone in the mink before he left him down again

Unlike Stoats and Mink, they tend to stick closely to watercourses, they love fish, but will eat pretty much anything, they are eating a good few grey squirrels, I have seen them kill 6 month old lambs while they sleep. Serious killers.

They killed 5 hens here , but didn't eat them . They suck the blood out of their necks.

Other than that , I'm not sure about their diet . I'd imagine a newborn lamb would be easy prey .
A protected species the pine marten, sounds like they can look after themselves. they will kill for the fun of it.

Back