John Deere

I know there’s a couple of different versions of these spools but not sure if it makes a difference in this case.
The right hand slice gets used fairly regularly and seems fine, but the left had the hitch plugged into it for a few years and then when we went to take it out it took a fair bit of work to get it out, now that it’s out it seems to be fine and pipes connect no problem, until you go to try work the spool then it pops out, all the balls seem to be moving in and out and the pipes all work fine in the other side. Nipple feels ok in both top and bottom aswell. Is there anything else to try with it or is it a case of needs a new coupling?84CAABC6-573F-4727-9AD9-A3D996DDABAE.jpegC81553D3-BDF4-4D00-88C6-7F2E7056112E.jpeg

Is it the hitch pipes not staying in?
Or another impliment?

Try them in the other side.

I know there’s a couple of different versions of these spools but not sure if it makes a difference in this case.
The right hand slice gets used fairly regularly and seems fine, but the left had the hitch plugged into it for a few years and then when we went to take it out it took a fair bit of work to get it out, now that it’s out it seems to be fine and pipes connect no problem, until you go to try work the spool then it pops out, all the balls seem to be moving in and out and the pipes all work fine in the other side. Nipple feels ok in both top and bottom aswell. Is there anything else to try with it or is it a case of needs a new coupling?View attachment 76039View attachment 76040
Replace the Q/À unit. Screw out the old and screw in the new. They’re €9.50 in Hydrokit. Always keep a couple in stock here.

The right hand slice gets used fairly regularly and seems fine, but the left had the hitch plugged into it for a few years and then when we went to take it out it took a fair bit of work to get it out, now that it’s out it seems to be fine and pipes connect no problem, until you go to try work the spool then it pops out, all the balls seem to be moving in and out and the pipes all work fine in the other side. Nipple feels ok in both top and bottom aswell. Is there anything else to try with it or is it a case of needs a new coupling?View attachment 76039View attachment 76040

I often had that happen on freshish and regularly used John Deere spools

Is it the hitch pipes not staying in?
Or another impliment?

Try them in the other side.

There working perfect in the other side, had the bucket brush on it and was kicking out both the bucket ram and the brush motor

Replace the Q/À unit. Screw out the old and screw in the new. They’re €9.50 in Hydrokit. Always keep a couple in stock here.

didn’t think they were that cheap! Last one we got was something like €50 for the nh:blink::blink: or is that just the normal type coupling you mean rather than the push pull type?

I often had that happen on freshish and regularly used John Deere spools
Often get it that a pipe would pop out an odd time but this is just constant, stick the same pipes in the more used slice and it’s perfect. The hitch pipe was practically seized into it so wondering if that’s part of the problem, everything looks ok now and feels ok when you plug in the pipe

There are certain types of connectors that JD dont like. Especially when the spool is fairly new! Theoretically yours is if its only ever been operating the hitch.
Epic pain in the arce though.
Found ours wouldnt tip our trailer, after driving 10 miles to the recycling center!

@Sheebadog s suggestion is a good move. My 6610 is converted to the standard couplers with the 'foreskin' ( couldn't think of another name!!)
Works fine. Not a bother really.

Any JD man here able to explain why does the pull on the alternator have a bearing attaching it to the shaft and not a key? Surely the pulley drives the alternator full time.
The pulley on 6820 alternator came off tonight and I am puzzled.
I think the shaft on the alternator is damaged beyond repair also.

Attachments

• 56279D94-69C0-4210-9009-4B121A81235E.jpeg
    56279D94-69C0-4210-9009-4B121A81235E.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 57
  • D06D1B03-E0C9-4A61-B4CA-033F1EBE9E9C.jpeg
    D06D1B03-E0C9-4A61-B4CA-033F1EBE9E9C.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 0E98CDC4-E7BD-4B29-975E-04C9EB7A29BD.jpeg
    0E98CDC4-E7BD-4B29-975E-04C9EB7A29BD.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 58
Any JD man here able to explain why does the pull on the alternator have a bearing attaching it to the shaft and not a key? Surely the pulley drives the alternator full time.
The pulley on 6820 alternator came off tonight and I am puzzled.
I think the shaft on the alternator is damaged beyond repair also.
One way bearing

Back