John Deere

nashmach

Very clean for the money!

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/john-deere-2850/25321718

Knickam

If no new JD franchise set up nearest dealer will be 90 miles away from our area.
HRN sold a lot of JD's around here.

c4l

If no new JD franchise set up nearest dealer will be 90 miles away from our area.
HRN sold a lot of JD's around here.
i spose dealer jd told hrn to make way for in balbeggie is netherton? they seem to be the closest to balbeggie

Last edited:

nashmach

Aren't HRN and Netherton tractors owned by the same family anyway??

Looks like NH are going into the huge areas in Ireland too with Shaws rumoured to be buying over Lyons and Burton according to the Journal.

c4l

Looks like NH are going into the huge areas in Ireland too with Shaws rumoured to be buying over Lyons and Burton according to the Journal.
didnt know that barclay owns netherton. they seem to own everything then

no name

Shaws are sound and good back up and all but that take over is not good. A few years ago there was perry's in athy and kilkenny, enniscorthy motor and lyons and Burton and Shaws but now just 1. Very poor for any sort of competition.

c4l

Shaws are sound and good back up and all but that take over is not good. A few years ago there was perry's in athy and kilkenny, enniscorthy motor and lyons and Burton and Shaws but now just 1. Very poor for any sort of competition.
and sure nh lost swaine agri to valtra too. also with perry's, thought armstrong took over from them with the combines didnt they?

Jd3350

Its a pity i think seems the day of a dearler having one branch and servicing his local area are to be a thing of the past the days of going into the stores or the sale team an being on first name terms with them will surely go too

c4l

JD did the similar with John Corntwaite,sold Deere’s for 40 years,he turned Lancashire green.
i heard about what he did i think. he started selling case before his contract was up with jd as a middle finger to them? jd got a bit angsty bout it

declanc304

Shaws pissed off a few loyal customers on their doorstep aswell from what iv heard. A few went case ih another only a few miles from shaws yard went green

jf 850

From what i heard lads dont like being told what their going to buy they like to decide themselves

A bit like a local MF dealer never going out to sell a tractor ?

People come in to him , to buy a tractor .

The most of his buyers , Grandad bought a Fergy 20 , and we've never had another breed of tractor on the farm.

declanc304

The most of his buyers , Grandad bought a Fergy 20 , and we've never had another breed of tractor on the farm.
More lads being told that they were buying certain model and spec and how much to write a cheque for and not being given options to spec them out themselves

nashmach

Won't be popular for saying it but most of the bigger franchise dealers are only really interested in those who are buying newer tractors and changing frequently.

How often do you see older tractors in these yards now as in >15 years old, very seldom no matter how clean they are.

I don't see how these big mergers are good business for anyway to be honest and in particular all the moving and shaking with dealerships in the UK.

johndeere6920s

Won't be popular for saying it but most of the bigger franchise dealers are only really interested in those who are buying newer tractors and changing frequently.

How often do you see older tractors in these yards now as in >15 years old, very seldom no matter how clean they are.

I don't see how these big mergers are good business for anyway to be honest and in particular all the moving and shaking with dealerships in the UK.
You don't move quick enough nash they move them on fairly rapid for small money

Dunmasc

He sells some amount of tractors though, sold a new combine this year too.

Merv_B

You could always deal with William Foster in Wicklow.