John Deere

Discussion in 'Machinery Matters' started by johndeere6920s, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Merv_B

Merv_B Well-Known Member

While the L&B deal was out of the blue, unfortunately there is a reason it happened so quickly and there are probably very few who would have the finances or appetite to take on such an area.

2. Knickam

Knickam Well-Known Member

Blackwater boy and c4l like this.
  3. nashmach

nashmach Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with me and yes most seem to be moved on into the trade. And I know all about stock levels and keeping cashflow going but I think It's shortsighted by reducing potential customer base. Especially if a popular model or more so one in their own stable.

As a man in business once said, better to have 50 small customers rather than 5 big ones.

To be clear, I'm not criticizing any dealers either but as a very small fry for any of them, It's always the smaller ones which bend over backwards here anyway.

Unfortunately the way it is at the moment the mega dealers are close to becoming a reality and I think in less than 20 years, we will be no different than the car industry where most garages are in the hands of a few. Very questionable whether the customer is the winner in that case.

4. Knickam

Knickam Well-Known Member

Seems they are brothers, Don't see eye to eye apparently. Even less so now I would imagine.

5. Dunmasc

Dunmasc Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's true. I was in for parts for the baler today and told me that they have 3 sold. It is a long time since they have sold one, let alone three.

laoisfarmer likes this.