John Deere

KTM Farmer

Question for any lads with a JD 20 series.
What is the correct way to operate the heater plugs?
On my 6820 when I turn the key to the first position all dash lights and beeper come on and go out after a few seconds.
Turn it half way beyond this and no heater plugs light comes on, cranks for a good while then as if no heating in manifold or cylinder.
It is very sluggish to start in cold weather and usually needs a jump start during this kind of weather.
Mind you it’s only started on Saturdays this time of the year.
Starts no bother from March till November. Battery 4 years old.
Any tips on cold starting them welcome.
TIA

drew

Question for any lads with a JD 20 series.
What is the correct way to operate the heater plugs?
On my 6820 when I turn the key to the first position all dash lights and beeper come on and go out after a few seconds.
Turn it half way beyond this and no heater plugs light comes on, cranks for a good while then as if no heating in manifold or cylinder.
It is very sluggish to start in cold weather and usually needs a jump start during this kind of weather.
Mind you it’s only started on Saturdays this time of the year.
Starts no bother from March till November. Battery 4 years old.
Any tips on cold starting them welcome.
TIA
Not sure if it’s the same but the 10’s you pushed they key in for the heater, as in push it in towards the dash. You can hear the heater click in when you do it

marco

Do you push in the key? The 6820 here was slow to start and put in a geared starter. She starts great now. Before she would crank slowly and sometimes need a jump.

KTM Farmer

Not sure if it’s the same but the 10’s you pushed they key in for the heater, as in push it in towards the dash. You can hear the heater click in when you do it
Someone did say that to me alright but, no glow plug light illuminates or anything. Not sure it makes any difference to it starting either.
must try again.

KTM Farmer

Do you push in the key? The 6820 here was slow to start and put in a geared starter. She starts great now. Before she would crank slowly and sometimes need a jump.
When you say a geared starter do you mean a high speed starter?