John Deere

Herselfs brother has a 3050 that popped out of 1st gear the other day. Anyway he went to put it back into gear only to discover the linkage or rod or whatever connects the gear stick to the gearbox had come apart. He put it back in but now 1st gear is gone. He still has 2nd and it's going into the first gear position but behaving like it's in neutral. Any idea what might be wrong?. I haven't seen it myself. I only chatted to him over the phone about it.
A common problem is the selectors wearing on them because you drive with your hand on the gearstick.

Are ya gettin fed up of the oul masseys 🤠 mine is select edition, 50k leccy spools and the fridge and extra diesel tank. Not sure if all them options are because of select edition as i bought it s/h
Not for me the cousin is pricing one at the minute and it’s a select and he didn’t even know what that was

IMG_5015-1200x900.jpg

Nice, but £21000 + vat:unsure:

and your point being?

shes nice,good straight one in my book but hard to see her making that

You have answered it there already. It was a top of the market price and now a further whack on top.

The lack of 4wd wont help but it is a late enough one. Did the 2wd's come in the latter format with the handrail etc at all or were they the 93 onwards?

You have answered it there already. It was a top of the market price and now a further whack on top.
was curious what your point was,he's in the business of making money so stating a figure below his asking was stating the obvious.
a 2wd 50 is far rarer that a 4wd but just dont have the same following,a 3350 2wd is an even rarer girl in my book,harder come by,
wouldnt mind either some time,

Had a guy ring yesterday to say the front axle had come off his 6430, thought it a bit dramatic but was going by so stopped for a look. He was kind of right, what had happened was the bolt that goes through the tombstone boss and axle pivot had come out at the rear and the front one was down to just half the nut holding. The bosses had started to drift out too so it could have been quite messy had it gone wrong, only reason they noticed was the prop was rubbing the sump, dealer had fitted a new tombstone 12 months ago due similar happening before. So to anyone with a standard axle keep an eye on those bolts and keep the pivots greased!

JD 5090m
Friend of mi e looking at a 2012 one, supposedly 2 owner known history 4k hours.priced in the early forties all in.
One of the Casey brothers selling I think,not the clonaslee place.
Are they sound tractors?
He is trading in an owned from new 265 with 18k hours on it if anyone wants one.
Never touched except service and the steering.now that's value for money machinery working

A neighbour has one, he seems happy with it, but it causes enough issues as far I know and it always seems to be leaking fluids, he passes here pretty much every day with it and there is always oil on the road. Maybe it is bad luck or lack of maintenance, but it is sent back to TFM regularly for repairs and maintenance. It wouldn't inspire me, compared to my brother's 6200 it seems very poor. The 6200 isn't well minded and is still as dry as the day it came.

An acquaintance of mine , small dairy fsrmer/part time job bought one them a few years ago , and he didn't keep it maybe 3 years . Previous IH which he still has could be there 20 years
He traded the 5 series for a smaller 6 series , and he seems much happier with it . I occasionally drive a 6120 Premium , and it's a dote .

I presume the 5 series was much cheaper new than the 6000 s?
Are they a genuine JD?
Anything should be an upgrade from a 265.this is a real old school farmer,he is keeping his 165 with loader for low sheds.
He reckons he will put up 500hrs a year, according to the hours on his 265 that's about right.any newer tractor may clock a lot more hours doing the same work

Back