John Deere

Don’t turn to the green side @gone
Massey failing to replace the 7720-4 has me looking around for a similar replacement, but unlikely to be JD for me as the head mechanic told me that the head of JD customer services for the UK & Ireland said that he was never to listen to me again, because "he, (Me) is a stupid moron".
For some reason I wouldn't be buying a JD again.

Massey failing to replace the 7720-4 has me looking around for a similar replacement, but unlikely to be JD for me as the head mechanic told me that the head of JD customer services for the UK & Ireland said that he was never to listen to me again, because "he, (Me) is a stupid moron".
When I had bother with my 6150r they put me in touch with the head of customer service,all he could go on about how the 6930s punched above their weight,it didn’t seem figure with him that I didn’t ever own one,when I wouldn’t let them have my loan tractor back it transpired they had 15 at my dealers waiting for software updates,when the tractor came back they’d valeted it and black’d the wheels,I sold it straight off and haven’t bought a deere since.

Is the 8S205 not a replacement for the 7720?

I see JD have launched a few higher hp smal & mid sized 6R series. The 6185R looks like a very interesting tractor, a proper replacement for the 7810 or 7530 at last. They seem to have realised that a 200hp mid weight tractor is an important sector. Just as MF feck up dropping their 200hp mid weight tractor JD reintroduce a winner.
Give it a few more weeks and there might be a fix in the MF line up

Anyone know If any other coolant is the same as the John Deere stuff?
I replaced the water pump in the 3650 Tonight and need some to top up,there are no tractor garages near me so hoping something from a motor factor would do.
It's polypropylene glycol as opposed to the common ethylene glycol

I replaced the water pump in the 3650 Tonight and need some to top up,there are no tractor garages near me so hoping something from a motor factor would do.
Ould that be oat coolant?

I have to replace the water pump on a 3140 is it big job and where did you get your pump, Tia

www.solventsandpetroleum.com/uploads/6/0/3/7/60372849/_profleet-compatibility-chart.pdf

As posted Oat coolant.

I see they have two types one containing ethylene glycol as usual and one with propylene glycol like the John Deere stuff.
I was hoping to be able to get something locally today but just topped up with de ionized water which is a good percentage of what makes up the John Deere one

I have to replace the water pump on a 3140 is it big job and where did you get your pump, Tia
I got it from AOC spares mountrath.
282 delivered,it's a big lump of a pump.
Took 2 of us 3 hrs,not the worst job by any means but probably bigger than most water pumps.we didn't take out the radiator

Thanks 👍Andy is very helpful

The " Mr Fixit ," for 40 and 50 series John Deeres for many year's here in the Midlands, passed away yesterday after a long illness.
A very keen vintage man , he was well known and a great man for a chat.
He started his affair with John Deere when Sherrards had a depot in Mountrath from 1979 to 82 , approx.
This tractor was bought there by a long deceased farmer a couple of miles from Mountrath. Andy bought it in latter years and restored it . It wax featured in IrishVintageScene magazine last year. I took this photo at Ballyroan vintage rally last May , which was the last time I was speaking to him.
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
View attachment 76670

Andy was a gentleman but he passed away in April 2020

Had someone here today trying to persuade me to look at the brakes on his 3050, not very keen as i know nothing about them. Not real sure of the problem either but no pedal pressure seemed to be in amongst it, piston seals if its lost fluid? He did say no obvious outward leaks.

Had someone here today trying to persuade me to look at the brakes on his 3050, not very keen as i know nothing about them. Not real sure of the problem either but no pedal pressure seemed to be in amongst it, piston seals if its lost fluid? He did say no obvious outward leaks.
Sounds like water is after making its way into the brake system. Did he bleed the brakes normally and then reverse bleed then to make sure the system is clear?

I wouldn't think they have done that, expect it will have to come here for a proper look.
if you know another mechanic that you don,t like recommend that he brings it to them instead :whistle:

Back