kubota M115GX iv

Meath99

I recently tried the new kubota and I'm very impressed with spec and the 5 year warranty which seems hard to beat, but it's the fear of the unknown holding me back. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

its between the kubota and a Case ih maxxum 115.

Like all non mainstream brands, Kubota, suffer a bit from poorish resale value and it is harder get independent mechanics to work on them.
Kubota tend to be a bit heavier than average on fuel use, while the Case tend to near the lightest.
I personally wouldn't have a tractor that has to Regen as a yard tractor or even near straw, but others want nothing to do with adblue, so doctors differ and all that.
Kubota build great stuff so it may be the tractor for you, 5 year warranty is a real bonus and I believe far better than the CNH extended warranty.

Yeah thanks for the feed back, I'm not a fan of the regeneration but not sure how much of a problem it is? I've had an deutz 95 for the last 18 years so I'm not too worried about the resale value as I would hope to get the same time out of the new one. im looking for something simplish and reliable.
the maxxum seems like great tractor but I feel like there is more that could go wrong with it. my Case dealer is only 10min away aswell which is a plus compared to kubota who are at LEAST 30min away.
I do feel I'm getting more bang for my buck with kubota and they obviously trust their machine with a five year warranty it's just the unknown I suppose that is holding me back (and the colour the colour is poor)

Its going to be interesting to see how things progress in the east of Scotland with one of the larger J D dealers parting company and going to Kubota. it could be the makings of more sales in the arable areas and ultimately an upturn in used values only time will tell.

Push your case dealer for a warranty to match,the kubota won’t be a bad machine but as posted your going to have to convince the next owner it’s a good buy.

i sat in a few kubotas , hard to fall in love with them but id have no concerns about reliability , the japaneese dont make bad stuff ever

still if you are buying new , you need to get some sort of buzz out of your purchase and perhaps kubota leaves people feeling cold ?

Push your case dealer for a warranty to match,the kubota won’t be a bad machine but as posted your going to have to convince the next owner it’s a good buy.
yeah I put it to Case about the warranty and they dont seem to want to move on it, they will give you 3 year warranty if you go up to the 6.7l 150 maxxum but that's much more power than I need.. saying that the kubota comes with a 4 cylinder 6.1l engine compared to the 115s 4.5l. hopefully when I go to trade it in the kubota brand will be better known.

I was at the ploughing championships one year recently, and we were over looking at what I must admit was the largest Zetor at the stand, think it was the new Crystal rangetopper. I said to a mate that was with me that it looked a fine tractor with a fairly good spec. His response stuck with me, he said you are right, it is a fine tractor, but if you are going buying new, and have the money to buy new, then why would you buy a Zetor unless it was half the price of the competitors which it wasn't to be fair.

I was at the ploughing championships one year recently, and we were over looking at what I must admit was the largest Zetor at the stand, think it was the new Crystal rangetopper. I said to a mate that was with me that it looked a fine tractor with a fairly good spec. His response stuck with me, he said you are right, it is a fine tractor, but if you are going buying new, and have the money to buy new, then why would you buy a Zetor unless it was half the price of the competitors which it wasn't to be fair.
there's only about 5 grand between kubota and case but everything is an optional extra with case and standard with kubota. the multidoc with case is 600 extra

there's only about 5 grand between kubota and case but everything is an optional extra with case and standard with kubota. the multidoc with case is 600 extra
Hedgecutter lad around is after upgrading 1 of his kubota for a new 1 in last 12 months. His running a few of them so must be happy enough. Id say if you had a tight yard, kubotas ,bi speed front axle would be handy.

yeah I put it to Case about the warranty and they dont seem to want to move on it, they will give you 3 year warranty if you go up to the 6.7l 150 maxxum but that's much more power thaI need.. saying that the kubota comes with a 4 cylinder 6.1l engine compared to the 115s 4.5l. hopefully when I go to trade it in the kubota brand will be better known.
Case quoted me on a 4 year warranty,only thing I’ve heard about kubota warranty was they tried to get out of claims.

yeah I put it to Case about the warranty and they dont seem to want to move on it, they will give you 3 year warranty if you go up to the 6.7l 150 maxxum but that's much more power than I need.. saying that the kubota comes with a 4 cylinder 6.1l engine compared to the 115s 4.5l. hopefully when I go to trade it in the kubota brand will be better known.
That's the same displacement engine as in the 170 kubota so will be at its ease

It's funny the way these things change. Some heavy plant seems to be moving the opposite direction again to larger engines running at lower revs whereas the trend for the last long while has been towards smaller higher revving engines

It's funny the way these things change. Some heavy plant seems to be moving the opposite direction again to larger engines running at lower revs whereas the trend for the last long while has been towards smaller higher revving engines
It's going the other way too, vw dropped the 1.6 diesel engine from the new Golf, only available in 2.0, these small engines did well in emissions tests in the labs but they are not going do well in the new real world, wltp tests.

I recently tried the new kubota and I'm very impressed with spec and the 5 year warranty which seems hard to beat, but it's the fear of the unknown holding me back. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

its between the kubota and a Case ih maxxum 115.
The new maxxums are a great tractor have a 2018 one myself and can't fault it. They're a fairly basic machine and there's not much to go wrong with them. They also have a power boost on them so the 115 will do 145 engine hp when it's needed which is definitely worth considering. Not sure if kubota have a power boost on their tractors

Back