L200 start stop ignition button

Bencroy

Bought a 161 l200 titan about 18 mths.its the 2.4l model and had extremely low mileage on it.
I'm finding the start stop ignition button is getting very slow to react.
It can be slow to start ( not in turning engine or that.new battery 3 months ago ) when you go knock off engine it could be slow or a delay in the signal going to stop the engine and it could often stop the engine and leave the radio on.then have to wait 20 sec or so to be able to restart to knock it off again.
Never was like that but is getting finikey.
Is it the ignition switch thats going or is it a problem with them.only 44k miles on the jeep.
Any advice or solutions folks.would far perfer a key start .......

Have no idea.wouldnt know to much about that stuff to be honest.mentioned it to the lad that services it and all he said was they can be temperamental.
Can be a nuisance which it never used to be

I fitted a Lucas ignition switch to a Saab car a few years back when it got broken into and the switch smashed, anything is possible.

Chatting to a friend tonight and he's asked me to ask you lads about a 2015 L200. He's thinking of getting it but wants to know if there a good reliable machine. Any advice I'll pass along.
Apologies @Bencroy for hijacking your thread. It's all I could find on L200's and I hope you don't mind me reviving it?.

Back