Landini tractors

Who makes the gearbox in them?
I think this was an Argo (former Case IH Maxxum) gearbox made at St Dizier in France and would be the same as possibly an MTX

From a profi article - https://www.profi.co.uk/magazine-test-centre/tractors/landini-7-185

To put the ‘7’ into some sort of parent company context, it is effectively Argo’s blue Landini alternative to the red XTX and TTX ranges from sister brand McCormick. As such the ‘7’ covers the 145- 225hp (ISO 14396, metric hp) class and is the heaviest member in the Landini line. And like the XTX and TTX, the 7-series also adopts a frame-type construction. The three lower powered 145, 165 and 185 tractors boast a 275cm wheelbase, which makes them 12cm shorter than their high-hp brothers – the 190, 210 and 230. Not surprisingly, that extra length and heavy metal convert into additional weight and lift power capability.

Dealers and backup wouldn't worry me quiet so much as 2nd hand value. I'd assume one of these new 7 series with the touch screen technology and such won't have a small price tag by any stretch. I'd be concerned that you'd be buying a premium priced machine but perhaps trading it in at X years or hours for a not premium price. I hope I'm wrong. I like the brand and I'd like to see them do well. Like yourself I'd be a firm MF man or perhaps I should say Agco seeing as there's 2 brands from them here but I'd never say never if landini prove to have a winning product.

That would be my thinking too although Wexford has been well served by Argo dealers to date.

FPT engines are now across the range. I will say, I'm not a fan of the white interiors in them. The 9880 is a kind of cream and even that's hard enough to keep clean.

View attachment 97970
New one sold in Wexico, for DP.

I think the dark blue suits it really well with the silver wheels. Not a fan of black paintwork here!
Tbf Landini really have come on in leaps and bounds in recent times and thank the Lord they've dropped that bulbous arse off the back of the cab roof on that tractor above. Jaysus I could never stand the look of it hanging out over the rear window and an after thought for AC if ever there was one.

Lovely looking tractor
Aren't they a kinda basic mechanical spec tractor?
A friend of mine was looking for something just for spreading and agitating slurry, I suggested one of those , Breens had a very tidy one . He bought a Claas Ares instead..

Aren't they a kinda basic mechanical spec tractor?
A friend of mine was looking for something just for spreading and agitating slurry, I suggested one of those , Breens had a very tidy one . He bought a Claas Ares instead..

They are a basic tractor, manual shuttle, no powershifts and manual linkage but an animal to go.

Basically the same engine as a Perkins 6480.

Have Landini changed the colour scheme on all new tractors? Passed one of the local dealers today and there was a big one and a smaller one, both a darker shade of blue than usual.

Have Landini changed the colour scheme on all new tractors? Passed one of the local dealers today and there was a big one and a smaller one, both a darker shade of blue than usual.

Optional as far as I know but it does look well i think.

Good morning and thank you very much in advance for your interest! For a month now I have bought a used landini legend 145tdi of 2006 model and it has a few days that the code AL093 flashes and then it does not take over until I turn off the engine and open it again! Also, if I press the clutch completely, the code AL098 comes out, but without the tractor showing anything! Does anyone know what it is and what to look forward to? sorry if i do not explain them well!

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjYwMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2MDB9fSwia2V5IjoicGhvdG9fMTk2NDc3NDc4In0=
Looks very well

Hi lads
Bought a 100 vision there a few months ago was just wondering would it have enough for a hedgecutter wouldn't need a big one just to keep hedges tipped up . I would get somebody in for a heavy cutting . Any ideas of makes or models to look out for. Thanks in advance.

Hi lads
Bought a 100 vision there a few months ago was just wondering would it have enough for a hedgecutter wouldn't need a big one just to keep hedges tipped up . I would get somebody in for a heavy cutting . Any ideas of makes or models to look out for. Thanks in advance.
A McConnell PA93 would be a decent all rounder, at a push you couldn't beat a PA 5000T.

Back