Laptop won't connect to internet.

massey 6480

As title laptop has stopped connecting to Internet . Wifi is working fine . See pic below of what comes up on the screen @JohnBoy @candor . Any ideas what's up with it . Was working fine yesterday morning .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 22
As title laptop has stopped connecting to Internet . Wifi is working fine . See pic below of what comes up on the screen @JohnBoy @candor . Any ideas what's up with it . Was working fine yesterday morning .
Strangely enough, the very same thing happened mine this morning!
After trying the troubleshooter a few times the problem was fixed though.

Ours does that and sends up the same message. I just plug out the wifi router that we have in the attic and the wifi signal booster that we have downstairs and leave them out for 2 minutes. Plug them in again and restart the laptop.

is this windows 10? there are multiple issues appearing reagrding the auto assigned IP address possibly from a recent update that got applied automatically- i believe an update may have being released that addresses.
To fix you need to open a command prompt search for cmd and run. then type ipconfig /release <enter> and ipconfig /renew <enter>.

If it happens alot you can assign a fixed address to the latpop but its a bit of a pain to do it and will only work on your own wifi.

Back