Lawnmower cutting deck

Skimmer

An uncle of mine was given a Bolens LTX 13 ride on lawn mower for free recently. It's immaculate in every way, so he has told me, apart from the fact that it's missing the entire cutting deck!! So, it needs a new cutting deck, along with blades, shafts bearings pulley's and belts. From a quick check on google images, I think it's a standard enough cutting deck, but I think she is side discharge. ANyone know of anyone in Ireland that sells cutting decks complete, and would it be cost effective to do this? Thanks!!

An uncle of mine was given a Bolens LTX 13 ride on lawn mower for free recently. It's immaculate in every way, so he has told me, apart from the fact that it's missing the entire cutting deck!! So, it needs a new cutting deck, along with blades, shafts bearings pulley's and belts. From a quick check on google images, I think it's a standard enough cutting deck, but I think she is side discharge. ANyone know of anyone in Ireland that sells cutting decks complete, and would it be cost effective to do this? Thanks!!

Try Eddie watchhorn in enniscorthy. Or call up here there's a lad up the road has a load of lawnmower broke.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Give your former straw man a ring, he had loads of scrapped lawnmowers up there last time I was in [emoji6]

(Jonserad dealer)

Geaney lawnmowers in Glanmire, Cork would be worth a try.

There is a lad in Oulart who i got a gearbox off that has around 40 ride on lawnmowers split, should be no problem get a deck off him at the right price. Rang a friend to get his contact details and will post when i get them.

new 42" deck is around 3-400 euro:scared:

Was collecting my ride on the other day after getting a few jobs done to it, it's a 14 year old husky and I have it 5 years. The lad doing it had an artic Stiga parked in the yard. He said the deck was rotten. The only way he could get a new deck was to buy the complete unit, with shafts pulleys belts as well as the tin bit. Cost - €1800! But a new mower like it would be about €6000. A deck for my own mower can be bought as just the tin bit for €200, and transfer your own bits over.

Cheers lads. Our own mower is a castlegarden, and I think when we changed the deck, it was around 200 Euro, just for the tinwork alone. if he could get a deck with all the bits on it used it would be great, but I would imagine that this is the bit that probably gets the most hardship, so he would be very lucky to get one used. Thanks for the suggestions so far lads!

Found that phone number for guy from Oulart who has all the lawnmowers, it is

086 4061550

he should have decks as good as new from lawnmowers with seized up engines.(common complaint from city dwellers)

Found that phone number for guy from Oulart who has all the lawnmowers, it is

086 4061550

he should have decks as good as new from lawnmowers with seized up engines.(common complaint from city dwellers)

Thanks a million for that! I've been stuck in the shed for the last couple of days, but I'll definitely be giving that man a call tomorrow. Thanks again!

Is it a big job to change a deck on a ride on? I have it priced at 300 online for the deck, belt, new plastic chute and blades. Have priced a few places supply and fit and the cheapest I am being told that its a minimum of 650. It doesn't look too big of job to drop the deck. I assume that bits just a case of removing the drive from the old one and bolting all back on to the new one and then bolting the whole lot onto the mower itself?

Is it a big job to change a deck on a ride on? I have it priced at 300 online for the deck, belt, new plastic chute and blades. Have priced a few places supply and fit and the cheapest I am being told that its a minimum of 650. It doesn't look too big of job to drop the deck. I assume that bits just a case of removing the drive from the old one and bolting all back on to the new one and then bolting the whole lot onto the mower itself?
About 2 hours work on a Castelgarden, change the rotor bearings while you're in there as they'll be getting dry or just remove the seals and rub grease in if they're not gone past the point of rescue. Take lots of photos of dismantling as there's tons of linkages and belt directions that it can drag out reassembly if you've spare bits left over.

We have a wreck of a husqvarna and my mrs is a rough operator (raised on a dairy farm :lol: )

The last time she busted a spindle housing I made her remove and refit it herself.

Took her about fortt minutes to remove the deck, replace the spindle and refit the deck.

I was on hand directing and lending an occasional help but they really are simple to work on.

If I was replacing a deck I'd be tempted to get the new one hot dipped before I started

It's pretty straight forward, I replaced one on an Oleo Mac/castle garden about 2 months ago. Budget about 2-3 hours, I sharpened the blades when I had them off. Check the bearings in the tensioner mechanism, I replaced them as they were done, I used fag 6202 2rs c3 bearings.

We have a wreck of a husqvarna and my mrs is a rough operator (raised on a dairy farm :lol: )

The last time she busted a spindle housing I made her remove and refit it herself.

Took her about fortt minutes to remove the deck, replace the spindle and refit the deck.

I was on hand directing and lending an occasional help but they really are simple to work on.

If I was replacing a deck I'd be tempted to get the new one hot dipped before I started
I put 4 layers of car underbody sealer all over the new deck before fitting, has to help.

Have made a couple of attempts to get this done in the last week. The old deck was totally rotten. I started by swapping the pullies and rotors but found that the blade holders were seized to the rotors. After a few attempts they came off and then I found that there was a bit of play in one of the bearings. I went back to the supplier and got new rotors.

2 to 3 hours work in total. Really easy to get the deck off the mower. Not too difficult of job to do especially for a novice like me. Cutting like a new mower now.

Advise anyone that's doing one to go the whole hog and spend the extra 50 quid on new rotors when buying the deck .

Sunday morning seems to be the only time now that I get to do this kind of work.
IMG_20210705_163134.jpgIMG_20210705_162329.jpgIMG_20210705_162323.jpgIMG_20210705_162325.jpg

Have made a couple of attempts to get this done in the last week. The old deck was totally rotten. I started by swapping the pullies and rotors but found that the blade holders were seized to the rotors. After a few attempts they came off and then I found that there was a bit of play in one of the bearings. I went back to the supplier and got new rotors.

2 to 3 hours work in total. Really easy to get the deck off the mower. Not too difficult of job to do especially for a novice like me. Cutting like a new mower now.

Advise anyone that's doing one to go the whole hog and spend the extra 50 quid on new rotors when buying the deck .

Sunday morning seems to be the only time now that I get to do this kind of work.
View attachment 94523View attachment 94524View attachment 94525View attachment 94526

What sort of money for complete deck , blades , rotors pulleys etc ?

View attachment 94523View attachment 94524View attachment 94525View attachment 94526
Did you underseal the deck before assembly? Think I fitted new rotor bearings and lubed the idler bearings too.

I see a big scab of rusty steel fell off the one here yesterday when I was using it so might do the deck on it in a year or 2, the rest of it is pretty good in fairness to it. It’s not as comfortable of a mower as the last mtd we had though as we’ve a lot of side banks, this one feels like your sitting up on it more and it will sit and spin the wheels a lot more than the old one.

What sort of money for complete deck , blades , rotors pulleys etc ?
200 for deck. Rotors are spurious and cost 50 for the pair. Belt was 15. Blades and new bolts etc were 50. So 315 in total. The tractor itself is very fresh. Basically the deck rusted off from not being washed. I have only had it for 3 years and it was ruined before it came here.

Anything you can apply to a lawn mower deck so as to prevent grass drying on the underside if you don't always have time to clean after each use.

Lawnmower seller advised me not to use the hose connector that's fitted to wash the deck ,more harm than good he said.

Back