Lidl / Aldi Offers

if its this one, it appears to be a 180mm abrasive disc, which is only going to be for cutting small enough stuff really, and discs might not be easily got either

That's the one. Probably better off buying something more decent so.

Compressors in Lidl on Thursday

View attachment 87354

View attachment 87355
The vertical compressor didn't come into the local store this morning at all. There were several lads in the queue for it and all were disappointed.

The vertical compressor didn't come into the local store this morning at all. There were several lads in the queue for it and all were disappointed.
Same here.
lad in lidl told me the other week it’s very hit and miss in some of the stores at the moment in terms of what they get in. None of the three local stores got in the stand for the mitre saw from the other week.
nearest store did not have the vertical compressor either this morning, but had the quiet compressor and the plasma and the welder.

Which store did you get them in, went into Enniscorthy this morning and they had got none in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............
Only reading this now, items were collected at 8.30 ish but the store supply can be late arriving. I got something there before one morning at 11am and the pallet was wheeled down the aisle in front of me. The girl at the counter told me she was mobbed at 8am by angry customers when the special offer never showed up.

I got one of theese a while ba k but haven't used it.practically speaking what thickness steel will it suit

Guess it depends on the store, i was in Celbridge there 20 mins ago and had plenty of stock of the electrodes, but no sign of the cutter or compressor.

cousin said the opposite in Ballinasloe.

Something I meant to ask here before is it alright to reverse the tip or should they only be used on the one side?

Guess it depends on the store, i was in Celbridge there 20 mins ago and had plenty of stock of the electrodes, but no sign of the cutter or compressor.

cousin said the opposite in Ballinasloe.
That ties in with what the lidl fella said to me. Hit and miss at times what comes in during covid. If your looking for a compressor they are in Maynooth likewise the plasma. Often find leixlip will have something when maynooth doesn’t.

You'll do a serious amount of cutting with 2 boxes of original tips, I often started a long cut with the cheap tips and I'd have to change a tip or cone before I was finished the cut. I fished old lidl tips from the bin and they cut away grand.
Probably never be all used but I recalled queries on here about where to get replacement tips etc so for the price of them just threw them in the boot (after paying for them) !

That ties in with what the lidl fella said to me. Hit and miss at times what comes in during covid. If your looking for a compressor they are in Maynooth likewise the plasma. Often find leixlip will have something when maynooth doesn’t.

thanks, good to know, never been to leixlip store. I’m not looking for the compressor. Just wanted a few tips for the Plasma cutter as i found it handy to have and wouldn’t begrudge €20 on a couple of boxes of tips.

Mate of mine picked up a couple of boxes of tips in Tralee this morning but he was in there at opening time

Back