Lifetime guarantee on Britool gear.

BasilSeal

I took a couple of snap on ratchets that were worn out back to the snap on man to get them repaired under warranty today. I've got some britool ratchets that need a similar treatment but i don't know of any britool dealers these days. I know that they've been taken over by Facom now, will they still honour the guarantee on older stuff? has anybody got any experience of swapping faulty britool stuff, i looked at the cost of repair kits on ebay and they're nearly as much as a complete ratchet.

dont know my brittool ones are still working :thumbup1: but dont waste your time with teng ,I have changed a ratchet 3 times and the last time they gave me one of the newer style and its still crap ,I bought a sealey premier one just to make do untill I got a better one and its been great

I've got mainly britool and beta tools, but i have got a set of snap on 3/8ths drive sockets and a pair of ratchets, 3/8ths and 1/2 inch, i've has the 1/2" one 20 years now, the little switch had broken off, and the 3/8th" one came with a big box of tools i bought on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270490774905

That one was worn out, but it isn't now!

I find the beta stuff to be quite good, nice finish on it.

that box looks cheap :thumbup1:
I dont buy expensive tools now as every body else knows where they are and they end up in the piggery ,sometimes down the slats and found in the tanker years later :crying:
dont think I`ve tried beta ,cheap spanners from lidl now to leave lying about ,they are ok to lose but if I am doing a job myself I take out some of the better stuff and lock it away when I am finished

It was a very good buy, i had this off the same chap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270490776663

It's the same set as this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300385592124&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But without the spanners obviously, though there's plenty of spanners in the tool box i also bought, and the tow were less than half the price for both than that last set.

The ratchet in that box is worn out, as is my original britool 3/8th ratchet, i'd like to get them sorted to make the set spot on.

A couple of good deals there Basil :thumbup1:
sign_7565.gif

Did you have to fetch them :001_rolleyes:

No, i asked the bloke if i could send a courier, it cost £17 to get them both back, cheaper than driving to liverpool.

but dont waste your time with teng ,I have changed a ratchet 3 times and the last time they gave me one of the newer style and its still crap

I really like my Teng stuff. My 3/8ths FRP ratchet is 8 years old now and still works fine. Grubby and dented, mind...

I took a couple of snap on ratchets that were worn out back to the snap on man to get them repaired under warranty today. I've got some britool ratchets that need a similar treatment but i don't know of any britool dealers these days. I know that they've been taken over by Facom now, will they still honour the guarantee on older stuff? has anybody got any experience of swapping faulty britool stuff, i looked at the cost of repair kits on ebay and they're nearly as much as a complete ratchet.

I tryd once but they told me I must have had a long pipe over the handel .

I pobably had

dont know my brittool ones are still working :thumbup1: but dont waste your time with teng ,I have changed a ratchet 3 times and the last time they gave me one of the newer style and its still crap ,I bought a sealey premier one just to make do untill I got a better one and its been great

Best socket set I have ever had is a Sealey but I have replaced the ratchet with a Teng and had it along time now

I tryd once but they told me I must have had a long pipe over the handel .

I pobably had

these aren't broken, they're just worn out, lots of play in the ratchet head, the snap on 3/8ths was the same but it's like new now the snap on man has put the new kit in it.

I've looked more closely at the 1/2 ratchet that's in the britool socket set and despite it being a britool set the ratchet is actually a king dick, which complicates things further. are king dick still going?

these aren't broken, they're just worn out, lots of play in the ratchet head, the snap on 3/8ths was the same but it's like new now the snap on man has put the new kit in it.

I've looked more closely at the 1/2 ratchet that's in the britool socket set and despite it being a britool set the ratchet is actually a king dick, which complicates things further. are king dick still going?

yes . http://www.kingdicktools.co.uk/frm/frm_hist.htm

A new rat-shit will not brake the bank if you need one

had some snap on tools seen the light a got my head out of my arse and broke away from the mother ship .. teng tool i have had now for 18 years never had a prob and i'm not knowen for being kind on things

I use Snap On and older Britool mostly
Snap On ratchets are the best but I would rather use an impact gun:thumbup1:

Leone75

I use Snap On and older Britool mostly
Snap On ratchets are the best but I would rather use an impact gun:thumbup1:

Leone75

Snap on are a rip off there for apprentices who like to pay £10 week for ever for a box of spanners i use draper tools i like them sensible price without been shyt

To be fair, snap on tools do have the cost of finance built into the price, but the quality and finish on the tools takes some beating, only the older britool stuff comes close to it, if you're using the tools every day for work you also have the back up of the snap on dealer coming round every week. it's horses for courses really, the draper expert stuff is certainly good enough for semi professional use.

I also think that beta tools come quite close to snap on in terms of finish, and the guarantee is pretty good, but you don't get the same dealer back up as with snap on.

Back