Lift Problem on New Holland 8340

paddy farmer

Good evening. I took out my New Holland 8340 out of shed after a couple of months of being parked up over the winter. I put on bale spike on to it which weighs about 70 kgs. The tractor lifted it but would not lower it. I took off the bale spike and parked the tractor back in shed and the lift lowered it self after a number of hours. Now the tractor wont raise lift at all just the amber warning light keeps flashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

it should display a error code where it would usually show the lift height? either way i would start with calibrating the lift.

it should display a error code where it would usually show the lift height? either way i would start with calibrating the lift.
thank you Crey 80. the error codes dont show on this tractor. would you have any idea what calibration would cost ?

calibration you can do yourself. if ya dont have the manual ill pm the procedure to ya.

Followed instructions for recalibrating lift on 8240 SLE. The problem was the lift was stopping at 97-98 and I wasn’t able to hook off trailer. Thought I would recalibrate lift and followed instructions but after getting code 24 lift would not move up and down though it’s range no matter how slow I moved it so I could not the lift disable light to go off and can’t get rid of code 24. Any idea what the issue is? Thanks

Back