Liming Cubicles

Are any of ye using a hand held lime spreader for cubicles? Was wondering if it would be a good option for liming calving pens and creep areas? Are they rechargeable and if so how long will a charge last? Will they spread hydrated lime on their own or do you have a mix of hydrated lime and ground limestone such as the rhino lime linked above?

Straight hydrated lime will burn if on cubicles.they will all spread the lime no bother but you just need to check how much dust they create as your putting it on.

Don't have one, but I think this is what your thinking of. Vink is the maker

You have to supply battery drill to drive it.
My understanding of of cubicle lime is that, it is limestone flour ,which isn't as harsh as hydrated lime. Sometimes a % of hydrated lime is added to improve disinfection properties.

We have Vink spreader work fine, only downside is carrying the thing. So friend has mounted it on an old wheel barrow and it seems to be a great job. Drill is engaged by a rope which is attached to the trigger then passes over a pulley around your shoulders and attached to the handle of the barrow. We'll you lean backwards on the rope, the drill engages. I'll try and post a video of it in action.

We have Vink spreader work fine, only downside is carrying the thing. So friend has mounted it on an old wheel barrow and it seems to be a great job. Drill is engaged by a rope which is attached to the trigger then passes over a pulley around your shoulders and attached to the handle of the barrow. We'll you lean backwards on the rope, the drill engages. I'll try and post a video of it in action.
W

We are spreading a sawdust /hydratated lim mix. But any products that will go through it as a hand held will go through it mounted.

Back