Liquid fertiliser

not going to have anything to do with liquid fert but just curious, reading an OMEX leaflet there, do you mix that stuff with water or does it go straight into sprayer ? Is there much cost difference per kg of N
Not much to be won on the cost side of things, it's flexibility, accuracy and most of all efficiency

Not much to be won on the cost side of things, it's flexibility, accuracy and most of all efficiency

How do you mean flexibility? I agree on the accuracy and efficiency but's it's a bit scorchy so I'd be nervous of spraying anything remotely hot within a few days of it or going out with it in the middle of a dry day which admittedly isn't a massive problem in sunny North West Cork.

How do you mean flexibility? I agree on the accuracy and efficiency but's it's a bit scorchy so I'd be nervous of spraying anything remotely hot within a few days of it or going out with it in the middle of a dry day which admittedly isn't a massive problem in sunny North West Cork.
Flexibility as in, you can literally apply any nutrient. So you could do straight N mix with copper and Manganesse for instance.

Sorch is a planning and operator issue. If dribbling on a soil applied fertiliser very unlikely to cause scorch. Only scorch I caused in last few years , were both Glyphosate related 🙈

What would happen with urea if you mixed it with water?
Would this help with volatilization?
It's would dissolve, it would improve its efficiency depending on application method. Without adding extras, I'm not sure how much volatilization is reduced. Would be some amount definitely

It's would dissolve, it would improve its efficiency depending on application method. Without adding extras, I'm not sure how much volatilization is reduced. Would be some amount definitely
I’m thinking it would be a way around the future urea ban we’re supposed to be getting.

A few lads in Base doing it 375kg to 600l of water however be aware water gets very cold so best do on a warm day if possible - need a decent pump to mix it and filter into sprayer as alot of grit in the urea that doesnt melt. I think there is also a ph issue you need to keep an eye on.

Flexibility as in, you can literally apply any nutrient. So you could do straight N mix with copper and Manganesse for instance.

Sorch is a planning and operator issue. If dribbling on a soil applied fertiliser very unlikely to cause scorch. Only scorch I caused in last few years , were both Glyphosate related 🙈
I got you. This year was our first year with the Omex and we were late going out and scorched some winter oats that was a bit too advanced for it. Not a disaster - it was mostly halfway between the tramlines where there may have been a bit of overspray.

I got you. This year was our first year with the Omex and we were late going out and scorched some winter oats that was a bit too advanced for it. Not a disaster - it was mostly halfway between the tramlines where there may have been a bit of overspray.
Tramlines have to be bang on as it's a very unforgiving system compared to granular. Any overlap is getting 200% of the intended dose and any miss is getting 0%.

Lads what would happen if spraying dissolved urea on 3 day regrowth? Would you get any of the benefit of foliar application? We'd have up to 3 inches of regrowth at that maybe.
And if it didn't get in the leaf would it still fertilise the soil?

Lads what would happen if spraying dissolved urea on 3 day regrowth? Would you get any of the benefit of foliar application? We'd have up to 3 inches of regrowth at that maybe.
And if it didn't get in the leaf would it still fertilise the soil?
Would still fertilise the soil, but the amount onto the leaf would be very small

Back