Loader headstock

Looking at changing tractors here at the moment, my current tractor has a MX loader with MX loader headstock so all my implements have mx fittings

the tractor I’m thinking of buying has a quickie loader - with the euro headstock (I think).

is it a big job to change the headstock in a quicker loader and would the geometry of loader be effected anyway by changing the headstock?

Getting an MX headstock that fits on the Quicke might be tricky and costly
I think I would bite the bullet and change the implements tbh. The brackets arent overly dear, and even if you got someone to do it for you, it shouldnt cost a fortune
Any new implement you buy will have Euro brackets fitted anyway.

To change the headstock on an Mx loader to a quicke one is around a €1000 . So imagine to get a Mx headstock for a quicke could be similar cost . Depending on how many attachments you have for the loader might be cheaper to change the brackets than the headstock.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Yeah have a good few attachments, bucket, grab, bale stacker, bale spike, Pallet forks etc. Think I was as well to hold out for a tractor with Mx loader at this stage ....

Looking at changing tractors here at the moment, my current tractor has a MX loader with MX loader headstock so all my implements have mx fittings

the tractor I’m thinking of buying has a quickie loader - with the euro headstock (I think).

is it a big job to change the headstock in a quicker loader and would the geometry of loader be effected anyway by changing the headstock

look up taylor attachments they make any headstock to suit the loader do they can make u a mx carrier for a quickie loader

look up taylor attachments they make any headstock to suit the loader do they can make u a mx carrier for a quickie loader
I rang them about getting a euro headstock for a MX loader and I think it was going to cost the same as an original from MX

The genuine euro headstock for an MX is around 1200 euro or 800 sterling plus vat, I contacted Rossmore and they would make one for around 600 euro

the whole brexit situation makes it just that bit more hassle, he won’t charge you vat, but you’ll have to pay it on entry to ROI and probably hire a freight agent to help with the paperwork getting it in.

Back