loader softdrive

jay gatsby

Also can the bottle and pipe just come off, is there a valve in the bottle that holds the charge until its plumbed back into the system?

gone

Also can the bottle and pipe just come off, is there a valve in the bottle that holds the charge until its plumbed back into the system?
If the hydraulic pressure is off the system the bottle can be removed and PHC will be able to test it, recharge it if needed and it is not damaged or replace it if damaged.

jay gatsby

If the hydraulic pressure is off the system the bottle can be removed and PHC will be able to test it, recharge it if needed and it is not damaged or replace it if damaged.
Brilliant thanks. I'll try out the solenoid and whip off the bottle if that's working ok

MF30

I'll need to get a helper for that one. I dont know to be honest. Would you hear a definite click when it engages?
You might hear it with engine switched off, you should be able to switch it with ignition on. You should feel it clicking with your hand on it. Plug it in and out at the solenoid while switched on for handiness.

MF30

Yes, imagine the bottle to have a tube of air inside with the nozzle where the valve is, with no oil pressure the bottle is full of air and with oil pressure the tube (diaphragm) is pushed back into the bottle.

BasilSeal

you can tell if the soft ride is switched on / working by powering down with the bucket, it won't push down and pick the front of the tractor up if the soft drive is on.

jay gatsby

you can tell if the soft ride is switched on / working by powering down with the bucket, it won't push down and pick the front of the tractor up if the soft drive is on.
You were right about that bit anyway @BasilSeal
The loader wont push down but not getting any cushion so can I surmise the bottle is gone?