loader softdrive

vanderbadger

folks have a softdrive on a quicke loader, very rarely on the road so cant remember the last time i twisted the knob for the softdrive setting, always assuming softdrive was just for roads and not to be used under normal working conditions but just read on boards.ie recently that alot of lads never turn it off.. just wondering if its ok to leave it on all the time?

I find on our one you won't lift as much weight with it turned on the pressure won't stay up.the knob on front stopped working so they out an electric switch in they go cab but it causes the battery to go dead if you forget to turn it off overnight.not hinting at anyone.stupid ould lads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I find on our one you won't lift as much weight with it turned on the pressure won't stay up.the knob on front stopped working so they out an electric switch in they go cab but it causes the battery to go dead if you forget to turn it off overnight.not hinting at anyone.stupid ould lads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

electric switch alot handier than the knob though in fairness

folks have a softdrive on a quicke loader, very rarely on the road so cant remember the last time i twisted the knob for the softdrive setting, always assuming softdrive was just for roads and not to be used under normal working conditions but just read on boards.ie recently that alot of lads never turn it off.. just wondering if its ok to leave it on all the time?

It behaves diffrent if you leave it on it will drop a bit more than you would like it to like everything tho you would get used of it I turn it off but the old lad is driving a 3cx with years he never turns it off

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

you can leave it any way you want to tbh.
i have it on a loader here and i dont think it was ever switched off.
some lads cant get uesd to the little bit of cushion so would rather it off round a yard, personally, i dont see the need to switch it off.
on or off, the loaders here will lift just as much.

and john, just wire the switched relay signal line through the ign signal and it ill automatically go off when you switch off the tractor.

Is there any point in softdrive on a tractor with front suspension?
have heard they can work against each other

Have the electric switch on ours , find if loading with bucket of fields you get more feel when it's turned off . It's also lifts better if pushing down something or patting a load it works better off . Leave it on stacking bales as it takes the pressure of the front axle especially when drawing in from field .

We have it (boom suspension) on the JCB tele, I personally use it all the time, takes all the jar out of ride, especially on the road or ruff tracks,

Never turned off here, in fact any time we did turn it off you wouldn't drive the length of the yard with even just the bucket before you'd be out to turn it on...... Got the first one here on a 2wd 5610 and the difference was unreal, from a yoke that rattled and banged and threw you about on the road to a yoke that you could sit in fairly comfortably!

Been meaning to fit one of these for ages,what does the kit cost and who stocks them.

Been meaning to fit one of these for ages,what does the kit cost and who stocks them.

Ditto to that please.

Nelson hydraulics in dublin, was around €200 a bottle cash on delivery, that was back in about 03 but think its still around the same.

You'll prob need to get a short pipe made up and a t to tap it in depending on loader. Some seem to think one will do, but most double acting loaders I've seen have a bottle on each side...

Last edited:
right im going turning it on now in a minute and will see how it goes, hopefully the knob still moves on my one its been that long since last time i turned it on last :rolleyes:

Have it on merlo here only ever switched off for real precise work so in reality its on 99.99% of the time

right im going turning it on now in a minute and will see how it goes, hopefully the knob still moves on my one its been that long since last time i turned it on last :rolleyes:
there cant be too many like you about....
if you dont like it, ill buy it off you.....

Ditto to that please.
I was in with our local dealer this morning he had a soft drive kit from QTP(part no 51714) on the shelf @€160 inc vat not mad expensive,just need to get the time to fit it now:thumbup:

Have it on the digger don't use it much but always have it on when traveling on the road I always thought you would damage it if you left it on working might try it when stacking bales this year

ant switch ours off, no tap in the loader, have seen the same loaders with a tap to switch it off.

I do remember getting a flier through the post from Quickie (after buying a jd with quickie loader) saying that it SHOULD be switched off, as if one of the bottles were to fail during work then they were not liable for any damage.

Have it on the digger don't use it much but always have it on when traveling on the road I always thought you would damage it if you left it on working might try it when stacking bales this year

It's a great job for stacking wrapped bales , as you're spreading the rollers to drop the bale into place the loader rises up past the centre of the bale as the weight goes of it

I was in with our local dealer this morning he had a soft drive kit from QTP(part no 51714) on the shelf @€160 inc vat not mad expensive,just need to get the time to fit it now:thumbup:

One or two bottles, jpt? Sounds like very good value :thumbup:

Back