loader softdrive

One or two bottles, jpt? Sounds like very good value :thumbup:
Just the one decent sized bottle nash.
Kit included a bottle,tap and bracket so i just need to find a spot on the loader to mount it and Tee into the piping.
I'll stick it on the loader next week someday and let you know how it goes.

Its on the Massey in the yard were I feed the cattle the odd day I wouldnt be without it the difference is unreal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

do these need two bottle/tee setups if it's a double acting loader to cushion it both ways? or is it only the lift side that needs cushioning?

Have it on the digger don't use it much but always have it on when traveling on the road I always thought you would damage it if you left it on working might try it when stacking bales this year

If its on a digger id be inclined to turn it off i you we're doing any heavy digging, but if just moving bales and the likes i wouldn't bother switch it off..

do these need two bottle/tee setups if it's a double acting loader to cushion it both ways? or is it only the lift side that needs cushioning?

Some say ya do some say ya dont... There's 2 bottles on the stoll here from factory, and we had put 2 bottles on the last tanco we had, but some of the factory fit Trima loaders had 2 bottles but attached to one side of the rams, think they were 2 different pressures, so one would work when you had nothing on the loader then the other would cut in when you had weight on it.

Some say ya do some say ya dont... There's 2 bottles on the stoll here from factory, and we had put 2 bottles on the last tanco we had, but some of the factory fit Trima loaders had 2 bottles but attached to one side of the rams, think they were 2 different pressures, so one would work when you had nothing on the loader then the other would cut in when you had weight on it.
the quicke ones i have here have three bottles on them.

One at top end and 2 different pressures on the lift side is it?

Only noticed yesterday the 2 bottles on the stoll are the throw away type if there done. Ones we got off Nelson before were the refillable type. Wonder would there be much difference price wise? Id assume there would be...

Had the same set up on the last quicke loader here mighty job. The current quicke loader only has 2 bottle`s i think.:001_unsure:
Would the quicke one`s you have tinny fit other loader`s and are they electric or manual .

That looks like the same kit I fitted,it needs the second bottle one seems to have little effect.
I don't know for sure but the pre charge pressure in the one in the link above seems way to low, is yours the same I think you got have them charged to the setting you need as 30bar is very low.

what bar would you recommend ?
I would think it needs to match the pressure in the rams with an average load on the front which at a guess would be 100 to 120bar, never done much with accumulators but I know it's important to match the pressure and capacity to what you need, if you could tee a gauge into the lift ram would give an idea what you need, I got one on a loader here I will have a look what pressure is on it might give an idea perhaps.

30 bar pressure is not too far off. If you have too high pressure in them they become solid. Most accumulators on tractor front suspensions have a charge pressure in the region of 15-20 bar.

I fitted a very similar one I would say it's the same last year and put a solenoid on to. You definately need 2 one for each ram. Now it did work you would know when it was off but did really take the shock of a big jump it could really be seen to work when u have weight up like a bale of silage there was a lot of movement in it. You should see some movement in it when traveling along the road. Any who mine blew a few months ago so I have to buy another 2 now this time

I got the main dealers to fit an SRS (smooth ride system) to my 3cx about 10 years ago, it cost around €1500 inc vat and fitting at the time and the dealer said it MUST be switched off when being used to lift loads on the front as this can cause the diaphragm or seals in the nitrogen accumulator bottles to burst by overloading them. The pressure is set to carry the front 4 in 1 bucket and accessories but not shock loads IE sticking into a pile of soil and exerting a couple of tons weight of pressure on the accumulators. To be fair this makes sense. Was guilty the odd time of forgetting to switch it off but it's still fine.
MF30

In fairness I turned it off most of the time but I was guilty of leave it on if I was loading/unloading bales in a rough field or yard and I suppose for a finish that's what burst it in the end. How was the pressuse set on yours because I am not sure the pressure was adjustable on the 1 I had

The main dealer set the pressure using their nitrogen tank and gauges, they need to set the pressure according to the weight of front implements. A 4 in 1 bucket probably weighs around 600kg plus back buckets so if I remove it and fit let's say the Mchale bale stacker which probably weighs 200kg then I wouldn't feel guilty carrying a 600kg or so of silage with the SRS switched on. But with the 4 in 1 bucket and 1.5 tons of muck then the accumulators will bottom out in the bottles.
MF30

The main dealer set the pressure using their nitrogen tank and gauges, they need to set the pressure according to the weight of front implements. A 4 in 1 bucket probably weighs around 600kg plus back buckets so if I remove it and fit let's say the Mchale bale stacker which probably weighs 200kg then I wouldn't feel guilty carrying a 600kg or so of silage with the SRS switched on. But with the 4 in 1 bucket and 1.5 tons of muck then the accumulators will bottom out in the bottles.
MF30
Thats the reason jcb use 2 accumulators of different pressures
1 for low and 1 for high

MF30

If you were carrying a round bale on the front of the loader for about 20 miles would you leave soft ride on or off?
I always though it was best to leave it on no matter what you were doing and it would save the axle a bit?

I told you wrong @johnDeere6930 ! couldn't see the numbers properly on mine so looked at next door's mailleux mx 80 loader and that is a Hydac diaphram type of 0.75l capacity, charge pressure of 30 bar and max working pressure of 200 bar, there is 2 on the hedgetrimmer for verge cutting it says 100 bar on them, I knew I had seen 100 bar somewhere. That goes to show a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.:oops2:
https://hyquip.co.uk/hydac-diaphrag...-sbo-diaphragm-accumulators-welded-types.html

If you were carrying a round bale on the front of the loader for about 20 miles would you leave soft ride on or off?
I always though it was best to leave it on no matter what you were doing and it would save the axle a bit?
On the JCB I'd leave it on if transporting a bale on the road as its no heavier than what the accumulators are set to carry normally. However on a tractor a heavy silage bale could be at the end of the scale for weight. Still the manufacturer should give advice on this but I'd say they'd cover themselves by saying it should be off with heavy loads.
MF30

I told you wrong @johnDeere6930 ! couldn't see the numbers properly on mine so looked at next door's mailleux mx 80 loader and that is a Hydac diaphram type of 0.75l capacity, charge pressure of 30 bar and max working pressure of 200 bar, there is 2 on the hedgetrimmer for verge cutting it says 100 bar on them, I knew I had seen 100 bar somewhere. That goes to show a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.:oops2:
https://hyquip.co.uk/hydac-diaphrag...-sbo-diaphragm-accumulators-welded-types.html
thanks for that, do they have 1 or 2 on the mx loader?

Back