Low roof loader tractor

Could you ever park all your tractors in the one field so we can have a look at them?
I'm looking out the window here at a 50 acre field that could be procured for the job if it doesn't wash away. Maybe it could be the next F4F get together, it could incorporate a tractor run from Ballon to here. There could be a raffle for members to win a chance to drive of of gone's fleet. If we ran out of tractors the unlucky runners up could win a special edition F4F bobble-head Arthur. If we ran out of members it could become a monthly draw.

I'm looking out the window here at a 50 acre field that could be procured for the job if it doesn't wash away. Maybe it could be the next F4F get together, it could incorporate a tractor run from Ballon to here. There could be a raffle for members to win a chance to drive of of gone's fleet. If we ran out of tractors the unlucky runners up could win a special edition F4F bobble-head Arthur. If we ran out of members it could become a monthly draw.
My late Uncle had a Massey/Ferguson for every day of the week and a Ford for Sunday.

How often do you need to access the low sheds, and for what purpose?
At the moment, every 3-4 day to feed or bed the cattle, but normally about once a week for picking up or dropping off the smaller machines, but the tractor tends to be parked in the low, so would be in the low shed most of the time.

At the moment, every 3-4 day to feed or bed the cattle, but normally about once a week for picking up or dropping off the smaller machines, but the tractor tends to be parked in the low, so would be in the low shed most of the time.
To take a different approach to it, would it be an option to perhaps fit a loader to the likes of the 4235 and keep it for that work, and buy a more capable machine than you're suggesting? Will it be a case that you buy a relatively expensive 100-odd horse power tractor now and find it is outgrown again in 4 or 5 years time?

To take a different approach to it, would it be an option to perhaps fit a loader to the likes of the 4235 and keep it for that work, and buy a more capable machine than you're suggesting? Will it be a case that you buy a relatively expensive 100-odd horse power tractor now and find it is outgrown again in 4 or 5 years time?
All input is welcome and not dismissing it, below are my thoughts.
I don't think so, I tend to hold tractors if they are being reliable, my main tillage tractor, MF6490, I kept for 12yrs, the low roof MF4345 is into it's 20th year here. The 2 Deutz I had, have given me a bad name, both only lasting just over 3yrs.
I think I am finished expanding, I have little interest in taking on extra land or work, so I doubt I will have to change for more hp, but may go for more comfort in a few years.
I have 2 big capable 50K tractors, I just need a handy 40K 4wd loader tractor, that I can go collect or deliver seed and fert to or from the field, feed and bed the few cattle and do a bit of rolling with the 21" Gordon ring roller.
The 4235 would be a step backward from the 4345, less horses, higher and more vulnerable roof, still 30K, only 2wd so couldn't load seed in a wet field when sowing.
I just have too many tractors and I am not minding them properly, so time to cut numbers drastically.
I am keeping my late Uncle's, (bought by my Grandfather & Grandmother) Fe35 4cyl that is on the farm since 1957, I still have to decide if I keep a MF135 or a MF50B?
My eldest brother is keeping his main tractor, a 1980 MF240.
My first cousin has a MF 35x from the farm.

All input is welcome and not dismissing it, below are my thoughts.
I don't think so, I tend to hold tractors if they are being reliable, my main tillage tractor, MF6490, I kept for 12yrs, the low roof MF4345 is into it's 20th year here. The 2 Deutz I had, have given me a bad name, both only lasting just over 3yrs.
I think I am finished expanding, I have little interest in taking on extra land or work, so I doubt I will have to change for more hp, but may go for more comfort in a few years.
I have 2 big capable 50K tractors, I just need a handy 40K 4wd loader tractor, that I can go collect or deliver seed and fert to or from the field, feed and bed the few cattle and do a bit of rolling with the 21" Gordon ring roller.
The 4235 would be a step backward from the 4345, less horses, higher and more vulnerable roof, still 30K, only 2wd so couldn't load seed in a wet field when sowing.
I just have too many tractors and I am not minding them properly, so time to cut numbers drastically.
I am keeping my late Uncle's, (bought by my Grandfather & Grandmother) Fe35 4cyl that is on the farm since 1957, I still have to decide if I keep a MF135 or a MF50B?
My eldest brother is keeping his main tractor, a 1980 MF240.
My first cousin has a MF 35x from the farm.
I was more suggesting that you keep the 4235 purely for the yard work, it would be a lot more manoeuvrable than the tractor you're talking about buying around tight spaces, and buy something 130/140hp with brackets to take your Q5M. It would give you a far more capable tractor for transport/field work and also provide some kind of back-up for your two main tractors if needed. Obviously you know your business better than anyone.

I was more suggesting that you keep the 4235 purely for the yard work, it would be a lot more manoeuvrable than the tractor you're talking about buying around tight spaces, and buy something 130/140hp with brackets to take your Q5M. It would give you a far more capable tractor for transport/field work and also provide some kind of back-up for your two main tractors if needed. Obviously you know your business better than anyone.
I am sort of doing that, I am keeping the MF4345, it is replacing the 165 in the out farm, it is more capable tractor than the 4235, but I think a 110/120hp tractor will do everything I want. If the 4345 had 10 more hp and was 40k I wouldn't be changing at all.

No it is a new kit MF brought out, very good power steering, he fitted it to that tractor and was so impressed he fitted another one to the 240.
The original 135 power steering was good when new but I think the complete rams had to be replaced when the track ends wore, not many were sold with PS.

The original 135 power steering was good when new but I think the complete rams had to be replaced when the track ends wore, not many were sold with PS.
I had a 135 with original power steering for years, really the tractor I started to drive, and could still be the tractor I put up most hours on. A good system for its time, but nowhere near as good as this new system.

What about a telescopic loader with a puh.seen a very nice low mf one in cfm
Thanks,
I don't have the work for a telescopic, I was worried I mightn't find the right tractor, but with Claas and CNH making tractors that suit I will come across a tractor that fits the bill in time.

Thanks,
I don't have the work for a telescopic, I was worried I mightn't find the right tractor, but with Claas and CNH making tractors that suit I will come across a tractor that fits the bill in time.

Luckily for you , your late uncle hadn't work for 6 or 7 tractors, hence he had a lovely collection of low houred classics.

Maybe someone will be grateful to you for doing similar , in years to come .

Luckily for you , your late uncle hadn't work for 6 or 7 tractors, hence he had a lovely collection of low houred classics.

Maybe someone will be grateful to you for doing similar , in years to come .
All his tractors would have been worked regularly, there is a big difference between a tractor putting up around 100hrs a year and a tractor that is started once a year and driven for a few minutes, the tractors will be deteriorating if I kept them.
Changed the hours per year.

Last edited:
Back