macerators & dribble bars

tm_classic

Hello & happy new year too all,
I was reading heaps of threads about dribble bars & macerator units on this forum and the other uk farming forum. A lot of info in there.

But would be interested to hear any owners views on which type macerator is the best. I see agquip, bomech and vogelsang as the main ones from internet searches. The bomech has an anti blockage system but maybe they all have one of these:
https://www.farmersjournal.ie/ploughing-2019-cross-to-unveil-updated-dribble-bar-487200

Are pipes still prone to cracking?
Do macerator blades last a long time before replacement? (without foreign objects and no sand)

My own splash plate tanker is getting a bit long in the tooth and with all the regs coming in am thinking to change (although hate moving away from splash plate due to its simplicity but have to move with the times)

Any view/opinions welcome

Thanks

This type worked well for anything we've used with it.
The one with the blades blocked constantly but it might not have been set right I don't know.

Long term are days of spreading liquid slurry numbered? Here in Ireland with our green clean tourist environment and our constant water quality issues surely it’s only a matter of time before we will need a license to spread any kind of farm waste? I’m a bundle of optimism as you can see on this wet windy winters eve in Mayo.

Long term are days of spreading liquid slurry numbered? Here in Ireland with our green clean tourist environment and our constant water quality issues surely it’s only a matter of time before we will need a license to spread any kind of farm waste? I’m a bundle of optimism as you can see on this wet windy winters eve in Mayo.
If that comes about every farmer must stand up and refuse to take any bio solids or waste from any kind of production outside agriculture.
Without land to spread it on they would soon start sweating!

Very happy with the mastek macerator here. Only things that block it are wood, stone or steel (thankfully have never blocked it with stone or steel). It can handle unchopped silage and silage wrap. Easy to access it if it does get blocked.

Is there any company selling macerators? I tried mastek before and now joy.
Tried Vogelsang Ireland too but got no reply

Is there any company selling macerators? I tried mastek before and now joy.
Tried Vogelsang Ireland too but got no reply

I have tried to buy from Vogelsang as well but they wont quote to individuals or so they say. Advised to deal with engineering companies such as Keltec, or Major, Abbey etc if I wanted to purchase.
If I remember rightly the ExactaCut 40 Macerator was somewhere between 3500 to 4000 euros incl vat from a UK supplier. I wonder what is the profit margin in these dribble bar retrofit systems given that they are all in the 12K plus price range. Are the manufacturers making 1K plus on each one sold?

This Vogelsang is the common one that you see on the majority of Dribble Bars/Trailing shoes here. Even though I notice that Agquip now make their own one which looks to be well designed and manufactured.

I have tried to buy from Vogelsang as well but they wont quote to individuals or so they say. Advised to deal with engineering companies such as Keltec, or Major, Abbey etc if I wanted to purchase.
If I remember rightly the ExactaCut 40 Macerator was somewhere between 3500 to 4000 euros incl vat from a UK supplier. I wonder what is the profit margin in these dribble bar retrofit systems given that they are all in the 12K plus price range. Are the manufacturers making 1K plus on each one sold?

Would they not need that?

This Vogelsang is the common one that you see on the majority of Dribble Bars/Trailing shoes here. Even though I notice that Agquip now make their own one which looks to be well designed and manufactured.
That 3500 is retail you can be sure that the manufacturers are buying them cheaper.
Id say they have more than 1k out of them they would want to really

That 3500 is retail you can be sure that the manufacturers are buying them cheaper.
Id say they have more than 1k out of them they would want to really

Mines homemade,can’t find the pics of making it.

229AF26B-44C0-4B1A-93C3-0398A149D850.jpeg

Main money was the hydraulic motor and the wear parts/blade holder off Joskin,I like this type because if you have low flow it still distributes evenly.

Mines homemade,can’t find the pics of making it.

View attachment 73430

Main money was the hydraulic motor and the wear parts/blade holder off Joskin,I like this type because if you have low flow it still distributes evenly.
It would be simple enough come across one unit but if you wanted to make a few who would supply you.
You'd be as nearly well off go and get one something along the masteck set up designed.
Does the hose smeer the slurry everywhere

It would be simple enough come across one unit but if you wanted to make a few who would supply you.
You'd be as nearly well off go and get one something along the masteck set up designed.
Does the hose smeer the slurry everywhere

You could get the wear plates made but would need to be hard stuff,other parts are wearing parts so easily got,the blade holder is the hard bit,it’s a bit like a centre out of a tractor wheel.

I’ve been spreading with a dribblebar for 11 years now,6 years with this one,it smears a bit but not enough to bother about.

You could get the wear plates made but would need to be hard stuff,other parts are wearing parts so easily got,the blade holder is the hard bit,it’s a bit like a centre out of a tractor wheel.

I’ve been spreading with a dribblebar for 11 years now,6 years with this one,it smears a bit but not enough to bother about.

What size outlets in her?

Its very smooth with a full load no bouncing .its more well balanced than the 2300 hispec it replaced. Its only a tiny bit light on the hitch when empty and ya would only feel it hop on a rough lane not on a road. The shoe dusnt even weigh 500kg so that isnt a problem.

Back