macerators & dribble bars

What kind of money would you be talking to get set up with a dribble bar on an existing tank?? Hi spec 2000
Think they are back a bit in price 10/11 k I think . Hlr machinery in Durrow does Conor or mastek ones, seems to be selling a lot of mastek , they were dearer but I think they might have dropped there price, have a break away and at the moment seem to be a better macerator

That’s a cross tanker Houlie?
How do you find the bomech isn’t there a breakaway on those systems if you go near an Esb pole for example ( or it might be an optional extra )

Yeah it is, I'd be very happy with it, yeah there is a break back I'm fairly sure, I haven't tripped it yet, the bomach is a fine job, headland management is lovely to use, the auto reverse on the macarater is a great job too, it would often block and unblock itself before you would even know,

What kind of money would you be talking to get set up with a dribble bar on an existing tank?? Hi spec 2000
priced them at the ploughing and they,re all coming in at around 10k plus vat, you can get 4k of a grant at 40% so it,ll cost you about 8k or so

An acquaintance of mine got S&M to put a dribble bar on a 2500 gl tank that he had bought second hand from him a year previously . I think that it cost €11-12k for the dribble bar conversion.
I thought it madness , as the tank could be 10 yrs old . If he had got the grant on a new outfit , it wouldnt have cost a lot more , than putting the new unit , on a tank that cost enough for its age .
It was traded in for a 3500 gallon tandem axle by @Mf240 s baled silage contractor.
A "Supertanker "

Already need 2 spools for the boom and mascerator. Wat if ya had a hydraulic change over or lazy arm and then theres pipes for the splash plate if needed. Not every1 has new tractors with 4 soools
Probably have load sencing set up and everything worked off a control box

Already need 2 spools for the boom and mascerator. Wat if ya had a hydraulic change over or lazy arm and then theres pipes for the splash plate if needed. Not every1 has new tractors with 4 spools

be better with a diverter on the tractor spool,my 23 year old JD has 3 spools and so did my 1990 Renault
,I presumed 3 + was the norm nowadays.

An acquaintance of mine got S&M to put a dribble bar on a 2500 gl tank that he had bought second hand from him a year previously . I think that it cost €11-12k for the dribble bar conversion.
I thought it madness , as the tank could be 10 yrs old . If he had got the grant on a new outfit , it wouldnt have cost a lot more , than putting the new unit , on a tank that cost enough for its age .
It was traded in for a 3500 gallon tandem axle by @Mf240 s baled silage contractor.
A "Supertanker "

Fine tank allright.

A "Supertanker "
i was talking to a salesman today about a new mastek drible bar fitted to my own hi spec tanker and it will cost around 8.5 k after grant, a new nc 2500 gl tanker with the same dribble bar is 32k inc vat from him so thats 26k minus 40% grant equals 15.6 k, now add the vat back on, 15.5 k plus 6 k vat comes to 21.5 k versus 8.5 k , if i got 6k for my own tanker it would still cost me over 7k extra for the new tanker and he says second hand tankers have dropped a lot in value lately and i,d be doing well to get 4.5 k

Grant has killed the market for second hand tanks a dealer said to me recently
i was talking to a salesman today about a new mastek drible bar fitted to my own hi spec tanker and it will cost around 8.5 k after grant, a new nc 2500 gl tanker with the same dribble bar is 32k inc vat from him so thats 26k minus 40% grant equals 15.6 k, now add the vat back on, 15.5 k plus 6 k vat comes to 21.5 k versus 8.5 k , if i got 6k for my own tanker it would still cost me over 7k extra for the new tanker and he says second hand tankers have dropped a lot in value lately and i,d be doing well to get 4.5 k

There`ll always be someone in the market for a second hand tank if the price is keen enough . Price of new tanks is well loaded to cover the poor resale value of the trade in`s .
I'm not so sure its only a matter of time before splash plates are banned and after that the first thing to get the chop will be the dribble bar

New on here , and late to this chat, but have questions on macerator s . Does anyone know about the bomech/altena macerator, was told it's the rolls royce of them, I thought volgansang were the best? Also anyone hear anything about future grass tech tankers? They made in carlow by crowd that do the zero grazers , they use the above mentioned macerator, and battoni pumps, seems like a good made machine. Thanks.

Bomech trailing shoes use a vogelsang macerator unless things changed
They used to,but now make their own under the alrena name, has 12 circular knives, claim to be the best at distributing and chopping material,and that's according to profi test done in 2018, but paper never refused ink, so would love to hear from anybody with real world experience of them, and also as mentioned in original post about grasstec machinery tankers, made in carlow.

They used to,but now make their own under the alrena name, has 12 circular knives, claim to be the best at distributing and chopping material,and that's according to profi test done in 2018, but paper never refused ink, so would love to hear from anybody with real world experience of them, and also as mentioned in original post about grasstec machinery tankers, made in carlow.
AS you describe the macerator it sounds similar to the Mastec one, have you a link to the Grasstec machine site.

AS you describe the macerator it sounds similar to the Mastec one, have you a link to the Grasstec machine site.

Yes it seems very similar to mastec one, only difference i see is the circular knives are serrated which in my opinion would be even better again???

Never heard of them
There made in kerry and they are very well made.
I know a guy that was involved in the development of them he would be spreading an awful lot of slurry and these seem to be built to eat any objects.
They are built with the man that's going to end up using them in mind

Back