macerators & dribble bars

New on here , and late to this chat, but have questions on macerator s . Does anyone know about the bomech/altena macerator, was told it's the rolls royce of them, I thought volgansang were the best? Also anyone hear anything about future grass tech tankers? They made in carlow by crowd that do the zero grazers , they use the above mentioned macerator, and battoni pumps, seems like a good made machine. Thanks.
Didn’t see a grass tech in the flesh but the tanker looks well built. Pipes are 40 mill where as other manufacturers are 50 mill. 13k litre pump on the tanker when I spoke to them earlier this year. It has an in cab blockage notification + auto reverse + break back on the db. Bkt tyres as standard.

Is there any need for that big a pump? Tanker here with 10k pump will blow off at 300rpm when spreading. Or is it needed for a higher flow for the dribble bar?

Having run a dribblebar bar for coming up 13 years I wouldn’t have 40mm pipes,I’d also look for one with no restrictions in the pipe once the slurry has left the macerator.

Is there any need for that big a pump? Tanker here with 10k pump will blow off at 300rpm when spreading. Or is it needed for a higher flow for the dribble bar?
One man reckoned I needed a 13k litre pump too, which I found hard to believe. Another fella said it was rubbish and 11k litre pump was plenty good enough. If you have less horses then and trying to go up a bit of a hill it would be blowing off you would think anyhow

12k here and no need for it. they recommend not putting big pressure on when spreading dribble bar so i try spreading full going down hill ticking over only. any revs and it will blow. 10k plenty i think. cant see the reason for 13k on a handy tanker

Didn’t see a grass tech in the flesh but the tanker looks well built. Pipes are 40 mill where as other manufacturers are 50 mill. 13k litre pump on the tanker when I spoke to them earlier this year. It has an in cab blockage notification + auto reverse + break back on the db. Bkt tyres as standard.
Thanks. Yeah I would be requesting 50mil pipes on any tanker, can't understand why they not the default choice,it's hard enough to get slurry right for spreading without trying to put it tru small pipes . Seen grasstec tanker the other day, looks well enough put together maybe just not finished as well as other tanks like abbey, but they use 6mil in barrel, battoni pumps 13500lit I'm told, high speed stepped commercial axle,s same attach points as any of the rest, in reality most tankers seem very similar in ways that they made and parts they use. 13500lit pump would be great for filling with 2pipes, but would it be overkill for spreading I'm wondering??

Thanks. Yeah I would be requesting 50mil pipes on any tanker, can't understand why they not the default choice,it's hard enough to get slurry right for spreading without trying to put it tru small pipes . Seen grasstec tanker the other day, looks well enough put together maybe just not finished as well as other tanks like abbey, but they use 6mil in barrel, battoni pumps 13500lit I'm told, high speed stepped commercial axle,s same attach points as any of the rest, in reality most tankers seem very similar in ways that they made and parts they use. 13500lit pump would be great for filling with 2pipes, but would it be overkill for spreading I'm wondering??
Also man told me they use wabco air brakes,which are supposed to be the rolls Royce of brakes!!??

I have a wabco compressor on the tractor and no problems so far but know nothing else about them tbh.
Have they a chassis underneath the barrel those grass techs?
Are there grease nipples on the db at the hinge joint?
I had seen major have grease nipples on their db. Not too important just never noticed /remarked it on other makes

13,500 is great for filling but overkill for spreading. Which crowds are using 50mm pipes? Have only seen 40 and 45

I have a wabco compressor on the tractor and no problems so far but know nothing else about them tbh.
Have they a chassis underneath the barrel those grass techs?
Are there grease nipples on the db at the hinge joint?
I had seen major have grease nipples on their db. Not too important just never noticed /remarked it on other makes
They have support under barrell, and i pretty sure grease nibbles on dB. Anyone any opinions on hi spec tankers and their dribble bar or trail shoes,?..? seem well built, but not seen many up close, so know little about them.

Can anyone post a picture of what electrical connection you need in the tractor for the changeover in the dribble bar?

Done an agreement today to take in digestate, I think with the price of fertiliser it will be a big help. It has to be spread with a dribble bar, are the mastec mounted onto the back door the best/cheapest option available ? I’ll be putting it on the back of a 2600 gallon tanker.

Done an agreement today to take in digestate, I think with the price of fertiliser it will be a big help. It has to be spread with a dribble bar, are the mastec mounted onto the back door the best/cheapest option available ? I’ll be putting it on the back of a 2600 gallon tanker.
Theres no solids in that?
Not like sucking out a cow pen

You'd spread that without a macerator

Are they going to pay you to spread it yourself?

Iv been debating getting one for a while now anyway but with the digestate your not allowed to splash plate so would have to go out with the dribble bar. I could easily hire one in but I’ll have to get one at some point anyways and again with fert prices I’d prefer to try reduce as much N volatilisation as possible as would the customers. It’s looking like 13500 incl vat for a 7.5 metre one fitted.

Iv been debating getting one for a while now anyway but with the digestate your not allowed to splash plate so would have to go out with the dribble bar. I could easily hire one in but I’ll have to get one at some point anyways and again with fert prices I’d prefer to try reduce as much N volatilisation as possible as would the customers. It’s looking like 13500 incl vat for a 7.5 metre one fitted.
Conor had a cheaper dribble bar than Mastek when we were buying ours. We chose Mastek on the basis that many people were reporting the Mastek macerator to be better able to handle baled silage than the Vogelsang

These narrow booms aren't offering much, go 12m and you will be able to use the tramline or split tramlines if on 18m or 24m. Huge amount of compaction caused running at 7.5m

Back