macerators & dribble bars

These narrow booms aren't offering much, go 12m and you will be able to use the tramline or split tramlines if on 18m or 24m. Huge amount of compaction caused running at 7.5m
going to just use digestate on grassland for this year. I know what you mean about the compaction, Iv looked into the big dribble bars but they are big money

Iv been debating getting one for a while now anyway but with the digestate your not allowed to splash plate so would have to go out with the dribble bar. I could easily hire one in but I’ll have to get one at some point anyways and again with fert prices I’d prefer to try reduce as much N volatilisation as possible as would the customers. It’s looking like 13500 incl vat for a 7.5 metre one fitted.
There’s a good video of the kme dribble bar on the we love slurry page on fbook. Well it doesn’t show it in action but shows how easy it is to open just need a vice grips. It’s a horizontal as opposed to vertical macerator. Couldn’t tell you how good it is though. They all can block though if theres bad lumps of silage and every manufacturer says there’s is the best 😁

There’s a good video of the kme dribble bar on the we love slurry page on fbook. Well it doesn’t show it in action but shows how easy it is to open just need a vice grips. It’s a horizontal as opposed to vertical macerator. Couldn’t tell you how good it is though. They all can block though if theres bad lumps of silage and every manufacturer says there’s is the best 😁
Contractor here running an KME, looks like a bit more taught went into it

Contractor here running an KME, looks like a bit more taught went into it
He’s doing tankers as well now. Funny thing is I thought those horizontal ones weren’t supposed to be as good as the vertical ones and that stones used to get caught in them handier. Would be mighty if you could try before you buy just to test out the macerator on lumpy silage

Who makes a decent shallow injector that runs at 4.5m(ish) tractor mounted?

Seems injectors are gone now in ireland as everyone is satisfied that the trailing shoe or dribble bar ‘is good enough’

Seems injectors are gone now in ireland as everyone is satisfied that the trailing shoe or dribble bar ‘is good enough’
Evergreen fields have one. What Brand it is I don’t know

Attachments

• 874B5C29-DECC-4265-9934-B665DD767EEF.png
    874B5C29-DECC-4265-9934-B665DD767EEF.png
    398.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 7709140F-9D5F-46E9-B768-FA323864DBAD.png
    7709140F-9D5F-46E9-B768-FA323864DBAD.png
    432.9 KB · Views: 71

There is a joskin one that comes here, two actually. I think they are 15 years old now. Very heavy but have never given bother outside of wearing parts

Iv been debating getting one for a while now anyway but with the digestate your not allowed to splash plate so would have to go out with the dribble bar. I could easily hire one in but I’ll have to get one at some point anyways and again with fert prices I’d prefer to try reduce as much N volatilisation as possible as would the customers. It’s looking like 13500 incl vat for a 7.5 metre one fitted.
8105C119-0E0B-4CFA-857C-B0B4284F750D.jpeg2F0A74A9-3BEF-4904-813E-E0F32CAEB4A9.jpeg3922B7D0-BF85-4606-88F0-B6B5CA01F5BF.jpeg

The vogelslang macerator anyone have issue with silage / hay getting canught between the blade and the face plate . Result being it`s not chopping good enough and causing blockage`s .

The vogelslang macerator anyone have issue with silage / hay getting canught between the blade and the face plate . Result being it`s not chopping good enough and causing blockage`s .
Yes here. Drives me mad. Blocks the ends of the pipes then. Always happening on the right hand side sitting in the tractor. Left side working perfectly. Going washing it out in the morning and boss going to split it. Reckons could be netting or something similar wrapped around it pushing the blade out from the face.

This is the first time it`s happened here since it arrived 12mth`s ago . Pump side is causing it here . Any easy way of getting the blade back from the face or has the side to come off .

This is the first time it`s happened here since it arrived 12mth`s ago . Pump side is causing it here . Any easy way of getting the blade back from the face or has the side to come off .

Happened our one twice last year. Not entirely sure. The boss usually goes at it. Something about putting in them R clips to hold the tension on the springs.

Ya you can take the spring pack out 2 13mm bolts and pack comes out, 2 packs in there, then the blade will come back from the plates, have to take off side to take them out completely, when they wear (which in 12months) they should be ok the spring pack can over centre and it will release the pressure on the knives, have to re-load the pack and stick in R clips, re fit, and bolt them up and then pull the clips to put pressure back on knives

I se a guy in monaghan advertising on dondeal he making his own dribblebar. Does anyone know anything about them

I se a guy in monaghan advertising on dondeal he making his own dribblebar. Does anyone know anything about them
Theres another man as well I’ve seen on fbook he’s making a db for 7k:
Hardly the same man:

I know backup of parts availability etc etc and will he stay selling them is another factor

Fairly straightforward to move back the blades 2 bolts and the tensioner can come out packed with silage and bits of plastic on the pump side
D88032BB-FB06-4C81-A17C-B2B266587978.jpeg3E5BE765-CA1A-4093-A511-977B6BF0370C.jpeg

Back