Machinery on Youtube

Saw these working around Ravenna, Italy, many years ago. Fiat 180/90 with just a sunshade. The Gallignani factory, now part owned by Kverneland and the Gallignani family is based in Ravenna.
Fiat use to make crawlers to pull them?
I don't really understand the use of Fendts at these sorts of jobs, is it the lack of good low speed gearboxes now a days?

Is any other manufacturer offering a reasonably maneuverable 500hp wheeled tractor?
Thinking about this again, there probably isn't much other choice.
John Deere is ruled out as the German built ones are not big enough and the US ones are not really handy 3 point linkage type machines.
MF and Valtra are just Fendt with poor ECUs at that size.
CNH are the only other choice and you pretty much have to go for their CVX gearbox at that size.
So no real option other than Vario, be it Fendt or CNH.

John Deere is ruled out as the German built ones are not big enough and the US ones are not really handy 3 point linkage type machines.
CNH are the only other choice and you pretty much have to go for their CVX gearbox at that size.
Plus it's a far more useful machine than a crawler the rest of the year, pulling big tankers mowers etc

Imagine what a waste your afternoon would have been if I hadn't asked that question and you hadn't spent so much time thinking about it

I now know how you came across his other vid,I did exactly the same.🙂
That tractor will be a right off for sure,I wouldn’t want it after the oil has gone.

Short on crop here.
Man unloading the trailers is making the job hard for himself by starting at the headboard.

A local 399 let go of the prop and promptly knocked the engine oil filter and housing off😮
Thats new one, have lost a few shafts but not had that yet. Have had a stone break the glass below the fuel filter and the hydraulic pump mount break off before now but never had the 4wd shaft take anything with it.

Back