Machinery on Youtube

You are very trusting leaving a tractor in a field away from home that long!
at least its in a field. last year a tanker was left on the side of the road few miles from here for a solid week or 2. i know few years back i remeber a tractor and silage trailer left on the side of the road in halfway for 2 weeks at the least. only saving grace the tractor couldnt move in the first place

They seem to be at it all the time in some countries.
Probably borrow the tractor from a neighbour and tell him “I’ve only one load to bring home” !!!
A neighbour borrowed my tub mixer a few years back,that night he went on Facebook saying it didn’t travel great at 57kph on the way to his farm,it has a sticker on the back saying 25kph,I haven’t lent it him again.👎

Oh there's plenty doing call outs. I'd have thought you'd know by now that we fix everything in house. The Landini will sit where it is until I have the time to sort it myself. End of really.
I understand wanting to save a few quid but I'd think hard of going to the bother of loading a wheel into a trailer jacking up the tractor changing the wheels and breaking the tyre down off the rim of the original wheel.
The time you'd waste at it would pay a tyre man.

I understand wanting to save a few quid but I'd think hard of going to the bother of loading a wheel into a trailer jacking up the tractor changing the wheels and breaking the tyre down off the rim of the original wheel.
Some lads are just odd :rolleyes: . If the tyre can't be fixed on the tractor, its a job for the tyre guy, horsing off wheels is no fun

I’ve a bead breaker but would only repair something around the yard. Couldn’t be arsed if it was in a field or on the road as you’d spend a couple of hours at it. Local lad here is good for call outs.

Ah it's just how we roll around here. We like to keep repairs inhouse as much as possible.

What's the price for a tyre callout these days. Lets say a simple puncture in a rear tractor tyre?

I’m the same as diesel power,I couldn’t possibly pay someone to mend a tyre,never have,not looking like I ever will.
Have you not enough other things to do?
Today I was going along the road between mowing jobs and heard air coming out of the tyre every rotation.
Rang my tyre man and he landed into the yard I was heading to.
Fixed it and I was back going in 20 minutes after arriving.
Not a hope would it pay me to do it myself id have lost money.
By the time I'd someone else pulled away from another job tools gathered up the van loaded break down the tyre fix the problem put the tyre back on pump it up is safely say id have 25/30 acres mowed.
I'd be some ape to go doing that myself

I believe in calling in tyre men or mechanics to fix problems and in general I will not be standing around looking at them but will go off and do some other job that needed doing . You are not only getting the man in the van but a tube or Valve stem . We would carry a stock of strings but sometimes they are not enough .

Reactions: c4l
€80 here for a call out to mend a tractor back tyre.

Today I was going along the road between mowing jobs and heard air coming out of the tyre every rotation.
By the time I'd someone else pulled away from another job tools gathered up the van loaded break down the tyre fix the problem put the tyre back on pump it up is safely say id have 25/30 acres mowed.
You're a contractor, time is literally money.

DP is an over mechanised tillage farmer at the end of harvest. He doesn't need the machine running again in the morning and will have lots of free time in the coming weeks.

Horses for courses

I also think deep down inside there's a dairy farmer in you trying to get out. Fixing your own punctures is your subconcious trying to get a little bit of the hardship you crave deep inside :flappytounge:
Way off the mark there IMO….

The dairy farmer in him would have driven it flat to the local tyre fitters and expected them to pull it off and put a patch on it, it would take half an hour with a wire wheel on a grinder to remove the 3” layer of cow shite off the outside to find the edge of the rim to break it down 😂😂

Way off the mark there IMO….

The dairy farmer in him would have driven it flat to the local tyre fitters and expected them to pull it off and put a patch on it, it would take half an hour with a wire wheel on a grinder to remove the 3” layer of cow shite off the outside to find the edge of the rim to break it down 😂😂

Very true on last paragraph.

Tyre crowd between Roscrea and Birr stopped agri sales and repairs , due to muck etc.

At €80, it cant be the most profitable of ventures really
One hour from leaving last job to mending digger back tyre on site, one large patch required, no gaiter needed. €80 inc vat. Had to get a different crowd before as the regular guy was 40 miles away on a breakdown and as I was baling hay for another lad I had to get someone quickly. Front tyre mended on tractor and gaiter needed, €120 inc vat.

It’s how I made my millions.😂

Back