major/newrock mega flow pump

tomcost

Morning too all,
wanted to get some opinions on this and thanks for reading.

I want to upgrade my nc3000 pump. Although shes a good pump I could do with a bit more output. In particular I have one long shed with 7 bays and I find that the nc will agitate 2 bays fine and tickle the 3rd bay. Now I know it can be lumpy with feeding bales and cattle tend to drag in some silage as well which doesn't help but long story short I was interested in the mega flow for more output.

I have added lots of water to the tank in the past but have my mind made up about changing the pump for something with a bit more capacity.

From what I know the major/newrock are the same pump. According to the manufacturer 140 hp is enough to drive it and its run on the 1000 shaft.

I have a 140 hp on the pto (6 cylinder case mxm 120 with the 7.5 litre lump it has had a slight spanner treatment at the fuel pump).

But from reading an old thread on this forum there was one user called tinman who had a redrock equivalent a mega flow and he mentioned it had his 180 horse cvx on its limit but I don't see that person on this forum anymore.

So was curious to know has anyone on here got the above mega flow pump and how do you find it to drive?

Don't know why manufacturer says 140 hp is enough but as they say paper never refused ink.

Morning too all,
wanted to get some opinions on this and thanks for reading.

I want to upgrade my nc3000 pump. Although shes a good pump I could do with a bit more output. In particular I have one long shed with 7 bays and I find that the nc will agitate 2 bays fine and tickle the 3rd bay. Now I know it can be lumpy with feeding bales and cattle tend to drag in some silage as well which doesn't help but long story short I was interested in the mega flow for more output.

I have added lots of water to the tank in the past but have my mind made up about changing the pump for something with a bit more capacity.

From what I know the major/newrock are the same pump. According to the manufacturer 140 hp is enough to drive it and its run on the 1000 shaft.

I have a 140 hp on the pto (6 cylinder case mxm 120 with the 7.5 litre lump it has had a slight spanner treatment at the fuel pump).

But from reading an old thread on this forum there was one user called tinman who had a redrock equivalent a mega flow and he mentioned it had his 180 horse cvx on its limit but I don't see that person on this forum anymore.

So was curious to know has anyone on here got the above mega flow pump and how do you find it to drive?

Don't know why manufacturer says 140 hp is enough but as they say paper never refused ink.
the lads that would know most about pumps are flat out at silage at the moment i,d say, post again in a week or so and you,ll get a few replys

Nc 3800 here .had a redrock and a mchale previously .redrock was the poorest of them .we can do a 9 bay shed with the nc .no exp of the newrock .the chain drive majors wouldnt have a good rep down here .cross would have a good pump too. In my opinion its all about having enough water in the tank .we leased a farm recently and spent 2 days sorting a tank that had failed a good few contractors .

Nc 3800 here .had a redrock and a mchale previously .redrock was the poorest of them .we can do a 9 bay shed with the nc .no exp of the newrock .the chain drive majors wouldnt have a good rep down here .cross would have a good pump too. In my opinion its all about having enough water in the tank .we leased a farm recently and spent 2 days sorting a tank that had failed a good few contractors .
+1 its liquid that agitates not horsepower - seems to be ignored by a lot of people

@tomcost that must be v thick slurry in that tank or else something fundamentally wrong with your pump if it will only go 2 blocks, ill bet the big pump will only go 3blocks and tickle block 4

Nc3800 here aswell, it had a full tank 100odd by 30 by 9 deep just about going around the other day and it was so thick the tankers were struggling to lift it and get a full tank. But more water and it would have had it flying around

Thats for sure water is the key your flogging a dead horse without enough of it. Ya the old chain driven majors werent too popular. But Im nearly sure majors new line up of agitators are the same as the newrock ones. I dont know where I heard it but i think the chain driven ones are gone.

+1 its liquid that agitates not horsepower - seems to be ignored by a lot of people

@tomcost that must be v thick slurry in that tank or else something fundamentally wrong with your pump if it will only go 2 blocks, ill bet the big pump will only go 3blocks and tickle block 4
Looks to be a bit of a wall of slurry in the middle. I do add at least 2 x 2k gallons of water for each bay if I can at all.
Was just thinking when I'm going to the bother of upgrading to a higher output machine I want to buy right I suppose so was curious about the mega model. I wouldnt say there be much difference in output between an NC3000 and a new rock or redrock "super" model.

Thats for sure water is the key your flogging a dead horse without enough of it. Ya the old chain driven majors werent too popular. But Im nearly sure majors new line up of agitators are the same as the newrock ones. I dont know where I heard it but i think the chain driven ones are gone.
Newrock with major sticker on them

Will have to buy a new mixer myself.was thinking of an 8 ft model as I could pump over to other tanks.

Looking for yer opinions and I'm just going by what a neighbour has said to me , so if I'm wrong hands up

A " mega " newrock and a redrock pump for 130hp bracket, he claims on the newrock that the pipe up from the propeller and out to the end of the up down spout , is an inch wider that the redrock equivalent. 5 inch versus 4 inch.
Obviously the 5 will be easier driven and pump a bigger volume but with the 4 inch redrock will the jet force be a better job in the running run.
Will be sticking with a mixer that you don't have to remove the shaft.
Anyone any suggestions on the above.
Have a hispec which has alot done and is worn out

Will have to buy a new mixer myself.was thinking of an 8 ft model as I could pump over to other tanks.

Looking for yer opinions and I'm just going by what a neighbour has said to me , so if I'm wrong hands up

A " mega " newrock and a redrock pump for 130hp bracket, he claims on the newrock that the pipe up from the propeller and out to the end of the up down spout , is an inch wider that the redrock equivalent. 5 inch versus 4 inch.
Obviously the 5 will be easier driven and pump a bigger volume but with the 4 inch redrock will the jet force be a better job in the running run.
Will be sticking with a mixer that you don't have to remove the shaft.
Anyone any suggestions on the above.
Have a hispec which has alot done and is worn out
Well I've no experience of any of the new/red rock agitators but I did enquire on the price of a new cross agitator. But they are coming in at over 6k. Id say they are the dearest on the market but I suppose they have the macerator on it so it has the edge over a lot of other makes.

Just seen a pic on BFM Facebook page of a redrock mega flow agitator. It’s fitted with a chopper unit/ shear bar. Didn’t realise choppers came on other makes apart from cross. Might have been done by breens themselves.I wonder are these a good job or would they have any negatives. Harder to drive maybe

Attachments

• DC5AE1BB-483B-4F73-9F89-7EF7A3E3AF0C.png
    DC5AE1BB-483B-4F73-9F89-7EF7A3E3AF0C.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 93
Back