Major surgery today!

john what tractor is yours that you had to strip? We've a lovely 1394 here ourselves, Was our main loading tractor for years, other than one or two gearbox problems (which I'll blame our mechanic on!), she hasn't missed a heatbeat, when we expanded in the mid 90s and a 2wd tractor didnt cut it for loader work we took off the loader and kept it as the 2nd tractor.

I've a hankering for a nice 15/1694 turbo myself, but would be too big for many of our sheds, hard to find a nice 4wd 1494, and 84bhp is alittle low!

Thats a 770 in bits this week, smallest DB ever made, had a hole in one of the main hydraulic pipes, was a bit of a pig to get at but i got it done in a day. Ive got quite a few here, white 770 and white 990, 1390 loader, 2wd 1494 and a 4wd 1594 Comm

You would be suprised what a 1494 will pull, i do all our harvest grain haulage with our one on a 14 tonne artic trailer, should be some photos on here somewhere i think? Its a hell of an outfit, trailer dwarfs the tractor by a considerable amount!

Whats wrong with it?:thumbup: apart from it being a DB:tt2:
much the same as yours but without the oil starvation probs but might need a crank regrind,it might be another while there before it gets fixed.nowt wrong with it being a db:cool:

Back