Malone Wagon

Would a small shitemaker not be more compact with the pick up under the body?

Theres no such thing as a small shitmaker as the rotor is the same in them all and that is near impossible to drive , 300% more fuel / ac than with any other make.

Was talking to a guy who used to run one of the bigger ones and he said the chop length was really long and hard to put up.

I asked Malones would they improve the chop lenght and they said that they were trying to keep the power requirment down , I think they are more after the farmer market than the contractor market , they also have bogeys on the axles with no springs , I think springs are needed to stop the wagon from getting shaken apart. All in all they are a good strong wagon.

A contractor who has 2 of them gave me those figures , he has 240hp driving them .He is using more fuel with the wagon on its own than I am with the whole outfit.

So it exists, a wagon that is harder on fuel than a SPFH,:blushing:

not really you'd buy 2 of them for the price of a high spec torro.

the little MT35 has an overall length of 7.55m, which is about 24ft6.

still a big thing for 'small areas'

Going on were my friend takes his Toro 51 I would think the place you wouldn't get the mt35 the mower would have no errand going!!!

Yes, but 16ft traliers and steering axles would go further.

And a 35 and linkbox will go further again :rolleyes:

How tight are the gaps you have to go through!! Would nearly pay you to widen them for the farmer and run a bigger wagon!!

What is the difference in length from the hitch to the first axel on a 16ft trailer compared to the MT35?

They eased off making them as there was little room in the factory to assemble them but they have invested a lot in new buildings so the plan is to start pushing them again. There is also a new model coming at some point, they had a prototype out three or four years ago which is being worked in the Netherlands.
A baler too I heard

Alot easier make tedders, mowers etc. less labour required, easily transportable.
Merv_B is correct he did have 1/2 prototypes working in recent years but after that I'm unsure

Back