MartEye app

Cjmc

Hi all
Just looking at the sale in ballina here now on the marteye app, haven't used the app before.
I cant see any of the details of the animal being sold, is there a way to get this to show?
Thanks

Dunno is it me or the mart or what, had a look in there again just now, no details up again, not much point in it if ya cant see the details of the animal.

Dunno is it me or the mart or what, had a look in there again just now, no details up again, not much point in it if ya cant see the details of the animal.
i,ve used it on the computer and all the details are shown any way from enniscorthy so maybe its a peoblem on phones

i,ve used it on the computer and all the details are shown any way from enniscorthy so maybe its a peoblem on phones
Had a look at enniscorthy and at athenry sales today aswell and they both were working sound, ballina seemed to be coming and going, camera feed was sound, just the details on the board were missing a lot of the time.

Can anyone fathom how buyers are able to buy online, hell I get it wrong plenty of times looking at an animals for 15 mins. Not uncommon to see lads buying lorry loads of cattle online now

Can anyone fathom how buyers are able to buy online, hell I get it wrong plenty of times looking at an animals for 15 mins. Not uncommon to see lads buying lorry loads of cattle online now
Probably just go with pence per kilo, that's what I would do.

They don't go beyond a set price per kg of live weight. I see no issue with it and if anything there are plenty of positives from the point of view of time spent at marts where you might potentially get nothing. It probably doesn't need to be said again, but in today's beef industry, with margins tight, a man's time can be a more valuable commodity than many other things. Also, I would far prefer to buy online myself than pay a dealer to buy at the ring for me. How lads can justify buying dealer cattle at this stage I cannot fathom, I would regularly see dealers paying way over the odds for cattle, simply because they are spending someone else's money.

i had cattle out this week and was allowed in to sell them, its great to be able to see the bids coming in on the internet and it makes it harder for the auctioneer to knock them down quickly. some of the younger buyers were sitting up in the seats bidding for cattle on their phones while the older lads were down by the ring asking the auctioneer who,s buying these cattle 😃

Back