Massey Ferguson

What issues are they giving
3rd range on the 200 hp plus ones seem less reliable ,BUT,,,,,,on the higher power ones it maybe easier to abuse the transmission with less than sympathetic driving.

06 6480 here 4000 hrs. Ploughing the other day in 3b and 3c depending on soil as u went up the field. It's started to get a noticeable bit of a jump into and out of c and can do it hot or cold but not all the time. Anyone any ideas

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-6180/21472118
i know its not from mf's shining era for tractors but seems a good price none the less. bit of fixing up and be some cheap horsepower

That tractor could do with new tyres though and given their size it would soon knock the gloss off the price.

The 6490 is there along time, was below in wexford before it went to Kilkenny, drove it 2013-2014 but money was mad on it :scratchhead: still not sold....

That 6490 is nearly gone pink now as I understand it, it's there an awful long time and it's not from guys wanting to buy it as I've heard of at least two who expressed an interest but money was very high for what it is.

When was the gearbox last calibrated?
Would be the first move to celebrate it.
Yeah forgot about calibrating it again tbh! Was done during last summer at some stage. Might do it tomorrow if I get a chance, have to do a run with low loader so that will warm it up

I always try to calibrate them as close to the maximum allowable temperature, theirs maybe nothing in it, I just think it makes for a smoother shift when the transmission is at a higher temprature when its working hard.

I always try to calibrate them as close to the maximum allowable temperature, theirs maybe nothing in it, I just think it makes for a smoother shift when the transmission is at a higher temprature when its working hard.
I've heard it said that a transmission should be calibrated at a cooler temp if a tractor isn't working hard like say winter time as it'll be unlikely to reach full operating temperature and like you said above for summer months :Thumbp2:

Is this one not good value for what it is? I know it is a Dynashift rather than Dyna 4 and needs new tyres soon but even still.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2004-massey-ferguson-6485-dynashift/21343422

OWY1MjkwZWM2MGJiN2FmY2E0NmYzYTUyY2VkYjExMmIRbljFYA0RlTFybFstfN8TaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjE3OTU2MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Wonder what happened top of exhaust. Hard to believe it would be gone like that at 6500 hrs
They are made out of tinfoil, I put on my 3rd one at around 3,000 hrs, first I had to pay for and went stainless. It seems many times better and should last

As far as
They are made out of tinfoil, I put on my 3rd one at around 3,000 hrs, first I had to pay for and went stainless. It seems many times better and should last
I know my pipe is originally 11k hours

mind i ask what was the price? wouldnt mind having one for the tm
I thought it was good value at the time, but can't remember and don't have time at the moment to look it up. If you can't find out in the meantime tag me again in about a fortnight.

Back