Massey Ferguson

Nicely restored industrial 135..

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/1966-135-industrial/21735835

MGUzMDBkMzgyYjlmYjEwYTliYTJkNmZmMzc5YTM2MzU_A0Mzmtti653tubREDLIoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjM1OTY3ODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I couldn't tell you. Know little enough about them. I know the 6480 tier 2 has a good reputation around me alright

I've had two 6290 dyna 4 and 2 6480 dyna6.
Everyone blows about the dyna 4 and defo bit more responsive system over dyna 6. But overall if got a good 6480 05-06 dyna 6 with suspension and perkins engine I'd not pass. Had 2 and drove stones of them from balers mowers dumtrailer lowloader and hardest bit on them drawing and stacking bales.

1. Field work mowing could not fault in any way best gearbox I've used.
2. Drawing and stacking unreal tight turning will work in tightest of spots and still good size tractor so no need to weight back steady as rock with bale on loader.
3. Dump trailer low loader my only fault with them is the delay in gears for road work. Only dyna 6 ever had was 6495 that doesn't have delay and it's an animal to tow.
4. Reliability near no problems at all gearbox touch wood is bulletproof never changed a clutch yet and have 4 dyna 6.
5. Perkins engine well in my experience sisu is the no 1 but I've had many perkins and 10k on 6290 and never had spanner to it and it still put it up to the bigger masseys in the yard

Get a mid hours 05-06 massey6480 defo front suspension fool to get one without. And you wont get a better all round tractor contractor or farmer.

Everyone blows about the dyna 4 and defo bit more responsive system over dyna 6. But overall if got a good 6480 05-06 dyna 6 with suspension and perkins engine I'd not pass. Had 2 and drove stones of them from balers mowers dumtrailer lowloader and hardest bit on them drawing and stacking bales.

2. Drawing and stacking unreal tight turning will work in tightest of spots and still good size tractor so no need to weight back steady as rock with bale on loader.
3. Dump trailer low loader my only fault with them is the delay in gears for road work. Only dyna 6 ever had was 6495 that doesn't have delay and it's an animal to tow.
4. Reliability near no problems at all gearbox touch wood is bulletproof never changed a clutch yet and have 4 dyna 6.
5. Perkins engine well in my experience sisu is the no 1 but I've had many perkins and 10k on 6290 and never had spanner to it and it still put it up to the bigger masseys in the yard

Get a mid hours 05-06 massey6480 defo front suspension fool to get one without. And you wont get a better all round tractor contractor or farmer.
i'm a ford man myself, power command is a bit jenky at times but when i hopped into a friends 6485 t3. was never used to the comfort, i think with cab and front sus, mf is the hardest to beat. but dyna 6 was a different story. maybe because i wasnt used to it, so awkward to use. messed about with dynashift once or twice, found it a more pleasant experience compared to dyna 6

You need a 7480:clap:

Anyone else here have issues getting this bloody filter housing to turn . Stupid nut Massey put on the end must be made of butter.. . Gone for the stencil now to try and open it .

Attachments

• 658EC086-7C8C-470C-A36F-E8AF30170E3B.jpeg
    658EC086-7C8C-470C-A36F-E8AF30170E3B.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 100

Perkins 6480 is the most fuel efficient tractor to ever come here,never found the sisu to be frugal,good engine though.

Anyone else here have issues getting this bloody filter housing to turn . Stupid nut Massey put on the end must be made of butter.. . Gone for the stencil now to try and open it .
Got similar on my 74
Put pressure on it to turn it then tap it with a hammer
Or do it with warm transmission

Last edited:
Back