Massey Ferguson

nashmach

Unusual to see with manual shuttle

NzdjMjI1Zjc0ZTZkNWNhNzc2MDEyNmI2NzZiMWU2OWJsv35LDavqXPQy5_1Oie4-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzk5MDYxMzJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
NzVmMjkwZWYyN2YxMDBlNTgxZGYyZGIyOTg2YTg4ZDMH7qsvJ8nC7dOn9lVgGOIRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzk5MDYxMzh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

SMID

Never had any first hand experience of them but been told its a backward step from the power shuttle ones its a stiff syncro made more difficult with a cable operated by a linkage which flexes

powerfarmer

What are the buttons on the main gear lever for? Speedshift and ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210510-220932~2.png
    Screenshot_20210510-220932~2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52

Donegal Bay

A friend has a MF 4255, yesterday driving a double chop harvester with it. He topped up the diesel tank about 80-90%, after about 10 minutes working the tractor lost power and stopped. Diesel was flowing out around the filler cap and when He removed the cap diesel flowed out under pressure., the tank seemed to have pressurised? He syphoned around 20litres out of the tank, bled the system and it seemed to run OK after that. Any ideas folks?

gone

A friend has a MF 4255, yesterday driving a double chop harvester with it. He topped up the diesel tank about 80-90%, after about 10 minutes working the tractor lost power and stopped. Diesel was flowing out around the filler cap and when He removed the cap diesel flowed out under pressure., the tank seemed to have pressurised? He syphoned around 20litres out of the tank, bled the system and it seemed to run OK after that. Any ideas folks?
Tank breather pipe blocked?

headcase

Very Senior Member
engine aneroid split on the fuel pump=
turbo is blowing air into the fuel lines

Will I Am

If there was 10% space in the tank after he topped it up last and its now over flowing under pressure then either something is flowing into it that shouldnt be or the tank has gotten smaller.

If it is a blocked breather then would it run fine with the cap off. In a sealed system the pump would be pumping diesel around the system but as a small amount is burnt in the engine there is less to return to the tank. This should create a vacuum in the tank if the breather is blocked. Might suck in the tank a bit but it shouldnt overflow.

If there is air being blown in to the system then there should be bubbles rising out of the tank. Easy to check.

Is there 2 tanks on these? Connected with a hose? If so my guess is its drawing diesel from one tank and returning it to the other and the hose connecting the 2 is blocked or collapsed internally.

WestCorkBoy

One for the Massey brigade, I have a class arion 420 which has a Massey backend and the equivalent of a dyna 4 transmisaion. I think the brake system is the same from talking to a few people. Brakes work fine when pressed together or if the right side brake is pressed the right wheel brakes, but if the left wheel brake is pressed both wheels brake, it's very rarely an issue but if pulling beet or even spraying beet you might give the steering brake a little touch just to pull it into the row. This is the way the tractor has always been, any ideas?

gone

One for the Massey brigade, I have a class arion 420 which has a Massey backend and the equivalent of a dyna 4 transmisaion. I think the brake system is the same from talking to a few people. Brakes work fine when pressed together or if the right side brake is pressed the right wheel brakes, but if the left wheel brake is pressed both wheels brake, it's very rarely an issue but if pulling beet or even spraying beet you might give the steering brake a little touch just to pull it into the row. This is the way the tractor has always been, any ideas?
Does the left pedal activate the trailer brake?