Massey Ferguson

This might have been covered before but how do ya turn on speed matching on a tier 3 6480 dyna 6? Using one at slurry the last few days and wouldn't normally drive it. Its a nuisance changing down from 4a straight to 3a for instance.

This might have been covered before but how do ya turn on speed matching on a tier 3 6480 dyna 6? Using one at slurry the last few days and wouldn't normally drive it. Its a nuisance changing down from 4a straight to 3a for instance.
The silver dial down beside the door, turn it to “speed”

Cheers.. ll get that sorted tomoro so. Dyna 6 takes a bit of getting used to. Normally using a 7615 dyna4 at slurry.
I'm no great fan of the Dyna 6 but the Dyna 4 has a brutal selection of gears, I still can't believe they offer it in any range bigger than the 57xx

I'm no great fan of the Dyna 6 but the Dyna 4 has a brutal selection of gears, I still can't believe they offer it in any range bigger than the 57xx
Most 76/77's or 66's sold about here would be dyna 4. I suppose its cheaper. One big difference I find with the newer fergusons is the dynashift on the shuttle lever isn't instant like the old 6290's. Never had to hit it twice to change gear.

The dyna 4 is supposed to be better to pull from what I’ve heard, whether that’s true or not I don’t know, have one D4 here it’s a nice tractor but I would much prefer D6

Move the dial to the right and the tractor won’t change range only power shifts, move dial to right set ur preset start gear to 2A or 2B whatever ur spreading the slurry at when u enter the field. tractor will then start at 2A, when u leave the field and back on the road move the dial to the leftand ur back to starting in 3A and tractor will change range when ur get to 3F. That’s the way I used to drive the dyna 6’s
edit got my lefts and rights mixed up think I’ve edited correctly now.

Last edited:
dyna 6 seems like an operators box alright. its not really a get in and go especially you're used to rc and pc in the new hollands

Move the dial to the right and the tractor won’t change range only power shifts, move dial to left set ur preset start gear to 2A or 2B whatever ur spreading the slurry at when u enter the field. tractor will then start at 2A, when u leave the field and back on the road move the dial to the right and ur back to starting in 3A and tractor will change range when ur get to 3F. That’s the way I used to drive the dyna 6’s
Ya I used to have it left on the left full time
Fair play to ye lads, far nicer to drive now, not the whole time flicking through gears. Every day is a school day!

earlier in the year the father seen a next addition massey on YouTube, so he went and made half a homemade one, when summer comes I’ll spray the top grills and finish off the side ones

Attachments

• 83A9B34D-AFBE-4675-BF5A-B2FFF7177024.jpeg
    83A9B34D-AFBE-4675-BF5A-B2FFF7177024.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 5578507D-D352-45A1-AADE-683F88748EB6.jpeg
    5578507D-D352-45A1-AADE-683F88748EB6.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 137
There is a dial on the right hand side beside hand accelerator turn that one click to the left or right and that’s it

Back