Massey Ferguson

A neighbour has a 6713S , and I was standing at the rear of it talking to him in the cab on Monday , and it's a tall tractor .

I wouldn't be able to drive one of those 8S ,

With my dislike of heights , thick pair of socks would frighten me
I know a lad who use to get sea sick on his new JD7530, still doesn't drive it much.

Last edited:
A neighbour has a 6713S , and I was standing at the rear of it talking to him in the cab on Monday , and it's a tall tractor .

I wouldn't be able to drive one of those 8S ,

With my dislike of heights , thick pair of socks would frighten me
You are definitely out for a combine or a SPFH so.. :laugh:

No chance it was on a ferry at the time??
Is he selling?
Not selling as far as I know.
The fancy seat, Active??? and the very big soft tyres make it a bit wallowy. The active seat damps it out making it a very comfortable drive, but it makes him feel sea sick, so he turns off all movement and adjustment on the seat. A tractor on a 72" track width on 16.9 r34s the seat will pitch less from side to side than a tractor on 20.8 r42s, he doesn't like the motion. I think at least 2 lads, maybe even 3, working with him have put more hours on the 7530 than he has.

The fancy seat, Active??? and the very big soft tyres make it a bit wallowy. The active seat damps it out making it a very comfortable drive, but it makes him feel sea sick, so he turns off all movement and adjustment on the seat. A tractor on a 72" track width on 16.9 r34s the seat will pitch less from side to side than a tractor on 20.8 r42s, he doesn't like the motion. I think at least 2 lads, maybe even 3, working with him have put more hours on the 7530 than he has.
Someone told me it was soft cab suspension that caused that effect

Didn’t think a 7530 ever came with the active seat

Didn’t think a 7530 ever came with the active seat
I really don't know what the all singing all dancing seat was at the time. It was a significantly better seat than was in the 6490. I was just commenting that even though the 7530 is a very comfortable tractor it's owner would be happier driving the JCB telescopic or the 4255.
Tall tractors are not everyone's cup of tea, as @jf 850 was saying.

I really don't know what the all singing all dancing seat was at the time. It was a significantly better seat than was in the 6490. I was just commenting that even though the 7530 is a very comfortable tractor it's owner would be happier driving the JCB telescopic or the 4255.
Tall tractors are not everyone's cup of tea, as @jf 850 was saying.
Jeanie. I wouldn't have considered a 7530 a tall tractor. Only around a ft or 2 taller than a tm140 or a 714. Deffenitely with you on the swaying of them, it like driving a boat at times, the new r series seem to be the same story too. Is it the tyres, the seat or what causes that in them?

Jeanie. I wouldn't have considered a 7530 a tall tractor. Only around a ft or 2 taller than a tm140 or a 714. Deffenitely with you on the swaying of them, it like driving a boat at times, the new r series seem to be the same story too. Is it the tyres, the seat or what causes that in them?
I learned to drive on a 135, where my torso would be at the same height whether sitting in the seat or standing beside the tractor. So I suppose it depends on perspective.

My 7530 had side to side movement on the seat,I had to have it locked off,couldn’t drive it at all without doing,great tractor but shocking on the road,they were so twitchy.
I did find that on the seat of the 6250r, 75 and 74s seat must be locked by now. the front suspension can be a bit of an odd one at times on the 6250. If you've got a heavy trailer behind you and hit a bump or dip in the road it causes the tractor to tilt forward and back until you slow right down to about 30 or 25k which seems to stop it. IF I remember correctly there's a way of adjusting the front suspension from the terminal but I dont know would you make the shocks stiffer or softer to solve the problem

I did find that on the seat of the 6250r, 75 and 74s seat must be locked by now. the front suspension can be a bit of an odd one at times on the 6250. If you've got a heavy trailer behind you and hit a bump or dip in the road it causes the tractor to tilt forward and back until you slow right down to about 30 or 25k which seems to stop it. IF I remember correctly there's a way of adjusting the front suspension from the terminal but I dont know would you make the shocks stiffer or softer to solve the problem
Would have to be stiffer to take the bounce out.

Is there a front weight on it?

Back